• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Waverunner fuel gauge

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I've got 2 identical waverunners (2021 fx cruiser ho).

Starting with the last outing one of the fuel gauges on the screen seems way off. We took them both out, basically rode the same but at the end of the day one gauge read 10% and the other read 50%. When I went to fill them up one took $40, one took $50. About 2-3 gallons difference between them and now both show 100% full. We've been out twice and both times this happened.

I'm guessing I'll have to take this in to the dealer to have looked at but wondering if theres anything simple I can check first.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a 2021 fx cruiser ho and a gp 1800 r, both with the same engine and both have unreliable fuel gauges. I won’t bother to take them in because I don’t think they dealer can “fix” them, it’s just they way they work.

FLJetBoater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2021 fx cruiser ho and a gp 1800 r, both with the same engine and both have unreliable fuel gauges. I won’t bother to take them in because I don’t think they dealer can “fix” them, it’s just they way they work.
They were fine all last summer…now suddenly 10 gallons left is 10% and the alarm is sounding

deubank1776

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Check the wires on the fuel sending unit. I would most definitely check the connections going into the resistor. Then the ones coming from the resistor. Then the ones coming from the gauge display. Check for corrosion any where.