• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wax hull or no wax?

Hockeyguy1960

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I’m wondering if I should wax my hull on bottom of the boat…I’ve heard some say it helps keep the algae away and I’ve heard it will just wash away in this lake water…I keep the boat in a wet slip in Georgia approximately 5 months…any thoughts or preferences on Wax hull? Or Waste of Time?

Attachments

• F1FAAAD3-CE04-4355-94FA-7CA22BBAB2C9.jpeg
    F1FAAAD3-CE04-4355-94FA-7CA22BBAB2C9.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
  • 3FA9DC21-17D7-4732-A10D-5EDAEA85C6C6.jpeg
    3FA9DC21-17D7-4732-A10D-5EDAEA85C6C6.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 32
Couldn’t hurt to wax it. At some point anything will “wash” off, including pro installed ceramic. I have chosen to use Rejex on the entire boat. My personal testing on my Yukon shows that it lasts longer (stays hydrophobic longer) than most car waxes. The down side to it is prep on the surface. Rejex has no “cleaner” like most car waxes do.

I trailer my boat and have no experience with leaving it in the water for an extended period of time. I would think that anything you put on it to seal it and fill the “holes” in the finish would help. How much help, I don’t know. The slicker it is will at least repel some of the gunk so overall I think it would help.

Is it worth it? Only you can answer that. I enjoy keeping things clean and doing maintenance. I also have some of the fun toys to make that easier on a bunch of cars and trucks along with an assortment of boats, jet skis, and side by sides. A pressure washer, Griote’s G9, a box full of 460 gsm towels, and a refrigerator full of water and beer are some of the essentials IMHO.

Couldn’t hurt to wax it. At some point anything will “wash” off, including pro installed ceramic. I have chosen to use Rejex on the entire boat. My personal testing on my Yukon shows that it lasts longer (stays hydrophobic longer) than most car waxes. The down side to it is prep on the surface. Rejex has no “cleaner” like most car waxes do.

Are you applying it by hand or using an orbital? I applied rejex by hand and it was a bear to do, lol. It does last though, easier to clean.

I also have some of the fun toys to make that easier on a bunch of cars and trucks along with an assortment of boats, jet skis, and side by sides. A pressure washer, Griote’s G9, a box full of 460 gsm towels, and a refrigerator full of water and beer are some of the essentials IMHO.

Apologies to the OP, but how do you clean your side by sides? I find our Polaris Ace's to be a bear to clean after a weekend ride.

Jim

Are you applying it by hand or using an orbital? I applied rejex by hand and it was a bear to do, lol. It does last though, easier to clean.
Griote’s G9 is the only way to go. By hand? Brother that is too much like work. ?

Apologies to the OP, but how do you clean your side by sides? I find our Polaris Ace's to be a bear to clean after a weekend ride.

Jim

Refrigerator with beer and water in the garage, lawn chair, music source, pressure washer.

I pressure wash the hell out of them and then spray non acid wheel cleaner out of a hand pump one gallon garden sprayer (this is the key). Let it sit, dust it with water to keep it wet and then hit it with a soft brush (car wash brush) and a rag. Rinse and hope I don’t have to repeat.

The windshield then gets the vinegar and water treatment and then the whole thing gets “dried off” with a leaf blower. Once dry I spray wax them with hot sauce.

Back