• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

We did it. AR195

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I want to thank everyone from the earlier post in which I asked questions about the 19 footers. We went to the dealer today and looked around at all the models and did settle on the ar195 which is what i was originally looking at. The features on the 195 were pretty nice and I was afraid of missing out on the extra power. I may be totally off on that but I would have always questioned myself I think.

Lodders Marine in Fairfield OH was great to deal with and they called back an hour after we left and told us that they found the black color scheme we wanted and would have it hopefully by Wednesday. This will be the longest week ever. I cant wait to get her and get out on the water. If anybody has any advice on what to do next let me know. We got life jackets, a cover, and a tube thrown in also.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
you should have all of the safety equipment required by the state.

For example, in NY we need flares, throwable floatation etc.

My dealer sold a kit that had everything. You can probably save a few bucks and pick it up online since you have a few days.

Also, you will need fenders and dock line.

Lastly, where are the pictures!

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We don't have any pics yet because the boat won't be here until Wednesday. They have to go pick it up at an undisclosed location. I tried to get them to tell me what dealer and they wouldn't budge:)

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Great choice, hopefully I influenced your decision. Lol. I finally got the break in over and all I got to say is :D!

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Congrats... remember to replace bow roller pronto...

Bedlamfirm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Great choice. I got mine from Lodders last year. Great crew over there.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There are two different Stoltz models on different threads I have found. Which one is correct
If you don't want to do any trimming to the 4" then go with the RP-355 3.5" Shorelander version. Personally I like the profile of the 4" roller better than the RP-355 but that's your call. There is a thread in the 19' section showing both.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats! The 195 is a great boat!

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats!
I saw a new 195 at the lake yesterday, very nice!

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great choice, I love mine!

kyle

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is the true before and after with these? I was hoping to not have to get them but will if its necessary. I think I am going to buy the nicer cover too

Mike sanders

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Trust me your boat will handle much better at slow speed and trailering is so much easier since I installed them.

danclemo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Honestly, I don't have any issues at low speeds with the stock rudder design on 2017. It took some time to learn how to steer at low speeds, but now it feels no different to me than a prop boat. I'm not sure how the pre-2017 rudder addition steer, maybe a must for those previous years.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you think of doing any water sports I wouldn't look at anything else than Cobras from @Cobra Jet Steering LLC . Ultimates w/fangs are amazing. Those can be set up to stay down at speed - planting your stern almost like an outboard (not quite but you get the idea) - which is a must for pulling skiers/wake boarders. Or the new Vipers.

--