• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

We got a new boat - 2021 Moomba CRAZ

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yup! Title says it all. We owned our first boat, a 2014 212X for about a year. What an amazing boat. A great all around boat and probably one of the best. It had lots of upgrades and NEVER gave us a single issue. It was practical and inexpensive to maintain and simply easy to use. We boat on LKN in NC and always see Natiques surfing. I read up on here and we decided to try to surf with our boat. Ballast bags and a wake wedge but I could never find the "push" to go ropeless. I knew that our next boat would be a surf style boat. The market was hot due to COVID so we parted ways with our 212x back in July.

The idea was we would wait until the market settled down or we would find a deal at the boat show on a new surf style boat. We looked at our local Centurion dealer at the Supreme lineup. We also shopped new at our local Moomba/Supra dealer as well, and of course FB and the local used market.
We looked at multiple boats to find the style we like. Finally we narrowed it down to the Moomba Craz. For the price it was the best bang for the buck we could find.
Our dealer called us last week and a 2021 Craz had just arrived off the truck. We looked at it one evening and then purchased it the next.
We just took delivery this past Friday. So far its been an amazing boat.

I wanted to share my thoughts after 48 hrs so far.

Yamaha 212X (2014) Pros -
Great layout - VERY practical
FAST - Max we every got was like 53 mph with just my hubby and I onboard
Relatively inexpensive - to many other boats
2 engines
Easy to maintain - oil changes at home - anyone could do it
Can be beached and go in really shallow water

Yamaha 212X (2014) Cons -
Loud, seriously, at WOT its almost unbearable
Fit and finish - not that it felt cheap, it just felt lesser quality
Cant get a good surf wave - I tired almost everything - it looked pretty and large but no push -
Not easy to collapse the tower
Lots of tower movement/shake which is supposedly a known issue

Moomba Craz 2021 Pros -
Fit an finish is great, feels premium - haven't sat in a 2021 212X BUT did sit in a 2020 242X and wasn't impressed for $80k
Great "tech" - has a touch screen BUT also has all toggles, you can do everything with either or, LOVE THAT
Surf, surf, surf - day one I went ropeless with no knowledge of wake settings or anything
QUIET - very quiet, but when that V8 starts it sounds wonderful
FAST ballast fill - 6 pumps fills the boat VERY quick

Moomba Craz 2021 Cons -
Its got a prop! EEKKK - kinda scary
Hard to slowly navigate - very different driving style with a v-drive boat (this might change)
Its heavy
Not very fast, max is like 40 mph

Please ask any questions!
Pics to follow :)

M2krafty

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's a really nice write up and very timely for me. Just sold the AR210 and looking for pros and cons... so THANKS! I took particular interest in your comment on slow speed issues with the Moomba. I would think they would do that very well and am curious what the issues are?

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That's a really nice write up and very timely for me. Just sold the AR210 and looking for pros and cons... so THANKS! I took particular interest in your comment on slow speed issues with the Moomba. I would think they would do that very well and am curious what the issues are?
haha. No problem.
And well its just "different" and im sure we will get used to it.
With the jet boat, there is no transmission. I can forward, reverse ASAP as needed. With our new Moomba, there is a transmission. So its forward. neutral. then 1 second before reverse kicks in.

Also the prop is under the boat. Not at the rear like with a normal outboard. So "steering" is just different. There is a rudder and if the boat is in neutral its hard to steer using only the rudder. So it takes forward or reverse propulsion to get steering, kinda like with the jet boat.

And this Moomba is heavy, so a little goes a long way. The wind/current will move you a lot as well.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
glad you found something that works for you, it looks like a great boat, can't wait to see some more pictures when you get the wave dialed in!

Jet1733

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I don’t want to bash Yamaha by any means but I just bought a 2021 Vortex And love it so far. I looked hard at Yamaha and TBH I thought that’s what I was going with until I saw the Vortex. You can definitely see the Chaparral fit and finish and the color options are nice. With Yamaha you only get a couple and the interior I was seeing didn’t impress me for the money. Plus twin 300s helped me make a decision also 😆

M2krafty

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don’t want to bash Yamaha by any means but I just bought a 2021 Vortex And love it so far. I looked hard at Yamaha and TBH I thought that’s what I was going with until I saw the Vortex. You can definitely see the Chaparral fit and finish and the color options are nice. With Yamaha you only get a couple and the interior I was seeing didn’t impress me for the money. Plus twin 300s helped me make a decision also 😆
That thing has to run 60mph at least!

Jet1733

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That is a good looking boat. My wife and I looked at Moomba but we couldn’t justify it. We had a tritoon and once the kids started working we didn’t have them on the boat very much so we went a little smaller. Oh and there’s the deal of we don’t wakeboard very well haha. So as much as we wanted one, just couldn’t talk ourselves into it. It sure is good looking though and from what I saw when we looked at wakeboard boats, the best bang for the buck.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's awesome! I struggled with that earlier in the year, and a new 212x was the decision for now. We shall see over the next couple of years. Def not owning this thing out of warranty as much electrical gremlins these things have now a days. So I've got 5 years to get this finished paid off and figure out if it makes sense to go full tow boat or maybe yamaha makes a better surf boat by then. The 255XD doesn't make sense as it's the price of a decently equipped tow boat.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome to the v-drive and Moomba ownership! Sharp ride :winkingthumbsup" We love ours!!

If you want a few pointers for around the dock check out my YouTube channel (same username) or check out the videos I’ve posted in my vdrive thread. You’ll get the hang of docking and slow speed handling in no time and you’ll learn to rotate the boat within itself length.

Congrats again and be sure to sign up on the Moomba forums and if you do FB there is a great Supra and Moomba Owners Facebook group.

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome to the v-drive and Moomba ownership! Sharp ride :winkingthumbsup" We love ours!!

If you want a few pointers for around the dock check out my YouTube channel (same username) or check out the videos I’ve posted in my vdrive thread. You’ll get the hang of docking and slow speed handling in no time and you’ll learn to rotate the boat within itself length.

Congrats again and be sure to sign up on the Moomba forums and if you do FB there is a great Supra and Moomba Owners Facebook group.
Awesome!
Will do!
Thanks!

boatman1975

REJECTED / BANNED
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Yup! Title says it all. We owned our first boat, a 2014 212X for about a year. What an amazing boat. A great all around boat and probably one of the best. It had lots of upgrades and NEVER gave us a single issue. It was practical and inexpensive to maintain and simply easy to use. We boat on LKN in NC and always see Natiques surfing. I read up on here and we decided to try to surf with our boat. Ballast bags and a wake wedge but I could never find the "push" to go ropeless. I knew that our next boat would be a surf style boat. The market was hot due to COVID so we parted ways with our 212x back in July.

The idea was we would wait until the market settled down or we would find a deal at the boat show on a new surf style boat. We looked at our local Centurion dealer at the Supreme lineup. We also shopped new at our local Moomba/Supra dealer as well, and of course FB and the local used market.
We looked at multiple boats to find the style we like. Finally we narrowed it down to the Moomba Craz. For the price it was the best bang for the buck we could find.
Our dealer called us last week and a 2021 Craz had just arrived off the truck. We looked at it one evening and then purchased it the next.
We just took delivery this past Friday. So far its been an amazing boat.

I wanted to share my thoughts after 48 hrs so far.

Yamaha 212X (2014) Pros -
Great layout - VERY practical
FAST - Max we every got was like 53 mph with just my hubby and I onboard
Relatively inexpensive - to many other boats
2 engines
Easy to maintain - oil changes at home - anyone could do it
Can be beached and go in really shallow water

Yamaha 212X (2014) Cons -
Loud, seriously, at WOT its almost unbearable
Fit and finish - not that it felt cheap, it just felt lesser quality
Cant get a good surf wave - I tired almost everything - it looked pretty and large but no push -
Not easy to collapse the tower
Lots of tower movement/shake which is supposedly a known issue

Moomba Craz 2021 Pros -
Fit an finish is great, feels premium - haven't sat in a 2021 212X BUT did sit in a 2020 242X and wasn't impressed for $80k
Great "tech" - has a touch screen BUT also has all toggles, you can do everything with either or, LOVE THAT
Surf, surf, surf - day one I went ropeless with no knowledge of wake settings or anything
QUIET - very quiet, but when that V8 starts it sounds wonderful
FAST ballast fill - 6 pumps fills the boat VERY quick

Moomba Craz 2021 Cons -
Its got a prop! EEKKK - kinda scary
Hard to slowly navigate - very different driving style with a v-drive boat (this might change)
Its heavy
Not very fast, max is like 40 mph

Please ask any questions!
Pics to follow :)
Congrats!!! What do you think about this one??? thinking of buying...https://www.boatparadise.com/boats-for-sale/ad-02pk-2002-moomba-outback-lsv

Chevyguy2021

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats!!! What do you think about this one??? thinking of buying...https://www.boatparadise.com/boats-for-sale/ad-02pk-2002-moomba-outback-lsv
It's older and I have no experience with those boats.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats man! I made the switch also last year in January before the Covid madness and got a Supra SL.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats! Gorgeous Moomba. Welcome to the V-Drive world. Personally, I find our MB to be MUCH easier to drive at low speeds than our SX210 was. Gotta love that V8 burble at idle, eh?

Reactions: 007

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats! Gorgeous Moomba. Welcome to the V-Drive world. Personally, I find our MB to be MUCH easier to drive at low speeds than our SX210 was. Gotta love that V8 burble at idle, eh?
I agree. You should drive one with thrusters. Couple buddies just got ‘21 Supra SA’s with the thrusters. It’s unreal the control it gives you. Pretty slick how it’s integrated in the throttle knob too. Twist it left or right to spin the boat.

Reactions: 007