• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Weak pee stream???

Ajax

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just for piece of mind. Is it normal not to have a pee stream at idle and no wake speeds? Once above 3000 rpm both streams appear. 09 sx210

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i have a 2008 sx 230 and it does the same thing. I think mine is flowing but just not shooting out far enough to see it until it reaches 3000 or so..

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Totally normal. My 08 sx210 had no stream at idle speeds...

Ajax

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome. Thanks.

Any thoughts on why depth finder does not read depth. I've tried everything I know to do.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
HA! There are a lot of threads about that.. I just ordered a factory replacement that does both water temp and air temp but a lot of the guys here spent real money and replaced with after market stuff.. The factory ones never worked well.

Ajax

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Figures. Really only complaint about the boat so just glad I know the river pretty well.

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
same on my 2011 SX 210 no pee stream until 3000 rpms. as your depth finder not reading depths. Mines reading them but they're wrong. When we pulled up to the sandbar on Saturday it said we were in 1 foot of water at the back of the boat, when I was more like 5 1/2 to 6 foot of water

Ajax

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sucks. But glad I'm not the only one. See you drive by island today. That flag stands out.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I think I saw a tv commercial about this problem. Something about an enlarged prostate?

Someone had to...

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sucks. But glad I'm not the only one. See you drive by island today. That flag stands out.
we were not out on the river today. that's why I got the flag originally so people would know I belong to this website

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Crazy. Could oh swore. My bad.
I have seen a ton of Yamaha's out on the river lately. do you have a flag or any markings on your boat so we would know it was you? we named our boat and its 3 buoys and a gal

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ajax, it is only a matter of time before your horn goes bad, too. Other than that, you are good to go.

Ajax

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ajax, it is only a matter of time before your horn goes bad, too. Other than that, you are good to go.
So weak pee steam, no horn, and depth finder does not read. If those are my only problems with the boat I can deal with that.

Good thing I bought that whistle. :winkingthumbsup"

Ajax

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have seen a ton of Yamaha's out on the river lately. do you have a flag or any markings on your boat so we would know it was you? we named our boat and its 3 buoys and a gal
No markings yet. Have a few ideas for flag and some cutie marks(my little pony reference. I have three girls). Also down to about 3 name ideas. I'll have to remove safety stickers so they fit.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You also won't get a reliable pee stream when flushing on the hose. It takes higher rpm and water pressure to get much of a stream. Depth finder issues are a pretty easy fix. Norcross Marine is the maker of the depth sounder that we have. They manufacture this unit under several different names, but they are all pretty much the same. They will upgrade your unit to a temp unit as mentioned above or you can just get replacement parts for the existing. The folks there are very supportive and will help you troubleshoot it. It could be as simple as the transducer tilt angle, a disconnected cable, or it could be a failed head unit or transducer. If your getting the - - - reading, then it is a signal loss. If it is blank, that sounds more like a HU failure. It is common that they don't read well in disturbed water, when in reverse. Inaccuracy is not something they are known for, as they are pretty much right on the money. Keep in mind, that at sub plane speeds, your drafting 16" of water under the transducer, so if it reads 3', you only have 1.5' of water under your keel! Here is some contact info for Norcross, they have everything from entry-level to higher end sounders. Many guys replace them with chart plotters, others have them both, but whatever you have, knowing the depth is paramount IMO.

NORCROSS MARINE
Customer Service Department-Patrick (may be a different person now)
NorCross Marine Products, Inc
6881 Kingspointe Parkway, Suite 8
Orlando, FL 32819
(p) 1-888-766-7276 (f) 407-370-6880
http://www.norcrossmarine.com