• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Weight <of Yamaha 25 foot trailer>

Sroc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Does anyone know the weight of the 250 series galvanized shorlandr trailer?
Is it 900 lb?
TIA

Attachments

• A6BC84B2-7D30-428E-97DE-CC86310C4339.jpeg
    A6BC84B2-7D30-428E-97DE-CC86310C4339.jpeg
    1,013.9 KB · Views: 47
According to the specs on the Yamaha website, the AR250 weighs 4,034 pounds and the dry weight of the boat on the trailer is 5,224 so the trailer alone is about 1,200 pounds.

That sounds about right...my 212 trailer is 1000lbs.

Thank you both for the info Im going to need a bigger two vehicle

How much does the Explorer tow?

How much does the Explorer tow?

Explorer is not enough to tow the 22 or 25' boats. 5.600 lbs on the 2023. By the time you put people in, and the boat gear, fuel, you are over that. Would be great if they could get that tow rating up to 7,000 lbs plus. Only reason I drive an Expedition. Otherwise we would get an Explorer also.

1694321575678.png

We have an Expedition and tow a 25’. Generally an hour of driving to each outing.

While driving the Expedition, rated at 6,000lbs, I can feel every movement of the boat, but I don’t feel unsafe. I highly prefer, for obvious reasons, towing with my F250 rated at 22,000lbs.

Oh yea, Shorelandr told me my 2021 AR250 trailer weighs approximately 1,300 lbs.

We have an Expedition and tow a 25’. Generally an hour of driving to each outing.

While driving the Expedition, rated at 6,000lbs, I can feel every movement of the boat, but I don’t feel unsafe. I highly prefer, for obvious reasons, towing with my F250 rated at 22,000lbs.

It sounds like you have the lowest rated model and setup on the Expedition.

On mine - 2017, my tow rating is 9,300 with the heavy-duty trailer tow package. I have towed from Michigan to Florida and back and it tows great.

Here are the specs for the 2023.

1694349208937.png

It sounds like you have the lowest rated model and setup on the Expedition.

On mine - 2017, my tow rating is 9,300 with the heavy-duty trailer tow package. I have towed from Michigan to Florida and back and it tows great.

Here are the specs for the 2023.

View attachment 208337
You are correct. Didn’t own the boat when we purchased the Expedition. We will be using our heads on the next buy.

You are correct. Didn’t own the boat when we purchased the Expedition. We will be using our heads on the next buy.

I wasn't even thinking about a boat, and bought ours used. I turned in my F-150 lease and didn't want to re-lease. I guess it was fate that I picked that one out of the 4 or so that were in the running. Tow rating was not even a discussion or being looked at. Two months later we got the boat.

Back