• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Well, I've gone over to "The Dark side"

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am now the dubious user of an iPhone 6.

To tell the truth, if it were up to me, I'd communicate with other human beings by carrier pigeon and maybe the occasional grunt. Alas, being an Engineer in a production environment means you need a phone. Sigh.

My last two phones were the Galaxy, and the Galaxy III. I ASKED our Telcom person to get me a Galaxy 5s. Unfortunately, my partner wanted an iPhone 6 and U.S. Cellular sent two of them to our Telcom person instead of one of each. When she told me about the mix-up I gave her the "What's easier for you?" option (she has a VERY small Telcom team for what is rapidly becoming a large company so I try to go easy on her). She said it would be easier if I got an iPhone.

Sigh. O.K.

I mentioned my propensity for accidentally dropping/flinging my phone. A lot. She said my Otterbox case should be here in a few days.

So now I'm officially an Apple Guy. My two Girls have had iPhones/iPods for a while now but I've simply watched from afar in amusement and not gotten involved. Now I'm involved up to my neck.

So far, I like the fingerprint thing for unlocking it. I also like the way it handles voice mail. On my Galaxy I had to dial voice mail and enter a password. On this thing I was pleasantly surprised that voice mails show up in a list fashion similar to e-mails.

I'm looking forward to using Facetime - especially when I want to help my guys in Ohio out but need to "see" what they are doing.

Maybe this won't be so bad after all.

So - any good advice from someone coming over from the Android world? I mostly use my phone for texting, a phone, a couple of games (Star Realms the Card Game is my current favorite), a little locally-stored music, Pandora, and TuneIn Radio.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
So sorry for your loss.
everything you mentioned are apps.
apps that droid has had for a long time.
you just weren't told how to use your phone!
1410522667988_wps_7_iphone_6_vs_nexus_4_hater.jpeg

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So sorry for your loss.
everything you mentioned are apps.
apps that droid has had for a long time.
you just weren't told how to use your phone!
View attachment 21393

Yeah, I know. The Technology aspect is not the issue for me. I'm an Electrical Engineer - I'll figure this out. The issue is simply that after 5 years of Galaxy phones I had hit the point that I could find everything I wanted without even thinking about it - even under duress. Now I feel like I'm back to square 1. "So this thing is a phone you say? Exactly HOW do I make a call???" ;);););)

For as "little" as I think I use my phone, it's amazing the amount of brain-cramps I get when I think "Oh, I want to do X real quick" and realize that I need to search for what I'm after.

Naturally there's also the usual aspect of a new phone: Getting all of your apps loaded and putting in username and passwords for various accounts. I use a password management tool so I don't actually KNOW any of my passwords - and they are all randomly generated strings. This makes it painful to set up apps like Pandora. I have to open KeePass on my desktop, reveal the password, and type it in 1 character at a time. At least it's only once.

I'm sure I'll get to like it eventually. I'm just not ready to sign up for the Apple Fan Club quite yet.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Let me know if you're in the market to sell that. I need a new paperweight!
I may have an extra around....now, batteries are another thing. :oops:

I tend to keep all my old phones.....They say that the original iPhone is worth a few bucks...I should look into that.

This was the one I carried when my wife carried our second daughter. Still have it, er, them...:D

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@biglar155 ...................
We have convened.
It is decided we CAN forgive you.
You "got by" by the SLIGHTEST of margins.
Enjoy your day ..... You're in probation, but for right now, you'll be okay.
Not "great" ... Just "okay."
You'll notice fewer social invitations, and other oddities to you ........ but we felt you could deal with the rejection.
I gotta go ...... My FANTASTIC Galaxy S5 is ringing !
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee - Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA