• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Well.... no Yamaha for me.

woodhall jr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve been waiting since the 2nd week of July for my blue 195s. In the mean time I’ve started surfing. Called and cancelled my 195s and now own a 2021 Moomba max. Wish it had the Yamaha swim platform but feel this will suit our needs/wants better. Dealer was really understanding when I pulled my deposit. Not their fault and honestly I feel this Moomba is the boat I want now. No hate for Yamaha and I feel the wait saved me money actually. Not right now but In the future.

Attachments

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I now own a 2021 Moomba max.
@woodhall jr .....congratulations. I have done a lot of slalom skiing behind Moombas and they are great little boats. Agile, much less expensive to maintain that some of the "big rig surf boats" and very robust. :cool:

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats. I sort of did the same thing. Was waiting for a 195s too. Cancelled the order almost 2 weeks ago and put the deposit on a 252 fsh sport. Fell in love with that boat while waiting.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’ve been waiting since the 2nd week of July for my blue 195s. In the mean time I’ve started surfing. Called and cancelled my 195s and now own a 2021 Moomba max. Wish it had the Yamaha swim platform but feel this will suit our needs/wants better. Dealer was really understanding when I pulled my deposit. Not their fault and honestly I feel this Moomba is the boat I want now. No hate for Yamaha and I feel the wait saved me money actually. Not right now but In the future.
Congrats!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats!!! Dang you got the Triton racks and all. I hear ya!

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I’ve been waiting since the 2nd week of July for my blue 195s.

@woodhall jr ....you may be ahead of the curve :) as there may not be Yamahas on a lot of local boaters docks where I live, either. Saw a dealer post for 2021 Yamahas for sale and "in stock". Not my dealer but a reputable one. Called to check. Not in stock - but "could be" in stock. Hmmmmm received apologies for an add that should have stated taking orders now. What I was told was that orders now would result in delivery December"ish". Orders in 2021 would likely arrive sometime in the summer of 2021. Pretty much what I expected would be the case. Salesman was professional, patient and frustrated by the lack of product. He said he had almost sold-out all of his 2021 factory allotment as it stood yesterday. He did give me an out the door price of a 2021 SX195 with the options I ordered ($CDN of course) it was about 5K more than I paid so no free cover, reduced cost for Yamaha factory warranty, parts at dealer cost or $ extra price discounts. He said there are about 5 people waiting for many models. What a difference a year makes!!!!!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Canuckjetboater Every Yamaha comes with a free (shipping) cover. Some dealers toss them to force people into buying the "premium" cover. A shady and dishonest business practice IMO so be mindful of that if they chose to go down that sales tactic road.

woodhall jr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats! That’s a big leap from a 195 to a Max in size and cost...You made a good choice!
Yeah... buy once cry once. I almost didn’t take my own advise. I was honestly getting a price on a bigger Yamaha too but this deal was WAY too good to pass up.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@Canuckjetboater Every Yamaha comes with a free (shipping) cover. Some dealers toss them to force people into buying the "premium" cover. A shady and dishonest business practice IMO so be mindful of that if they chose to go down that sales tactic road.
@haknslash ......thanks for the info. The cover I received free-of-charge was the Yamama - what I refer to as trailering cover - that is black with the side ratchets. I also received the Yamaha OEM bow and cockpit covers at dealer cost and the dealer paid to have the snaps on the covers and on the boat installed at a canvas shop. :cool:

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congrats...Good Choice!
I miss my Moomba and someday I might return...
Happy Boating with your new Toy!
85AC639A-F808-482A-823D-3F36881F481D.jpeg