• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Well Puamp - what happened?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Turned the well pump on after about a year. It gave water but seemed to keep running. So I go look and the pipe is sucked in like this. What did I do wrong?

222A4CF7-F327-436C-A9B2-BBD190B65908.jpeg

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Turned the well pump on after about a year. It gave water but seemed to keep running. So I go look and the pipe is sucked in like this. What did I do wrong?

View attachment 89813
Clogg sucking down the pipe at the most flexible point.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My plumber friend said this
My guess is there was a clog on the well side, the pump continued to try to reach cut-off pressure, melted the pipe and sucked it in like a garden Hose lol

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hmm so what would the solution be? Beyond repairing pipe

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
it looks like that pipe is on the well side of the pump, so it depends on where the well is. If I were doing it, I'd cut out that section, and check the pump for damage. Then I'd go to the well and disconnect and blow out that line. If the problem is fixed, then reconnect... If it is down the well, then I'd pull the well pipe and check the foot valve and clear out that pipe. That is, if that pipe is blocked, that is just a guess but could be determined when that pipe is cut out

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
So I cut out the damaged pipe. Water seems to sit level at the pipe coming from ground and does not seem clogged.

On the pump side of the pipe some black stuff fell out and it looked clogged there. I scrapped some more off with a screwdriver but it looks pretty filthy.
D6670417-2601-466E-BD7E-565309E2BC07.jpeg

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Took filter off, it looked to be junk as well. Bought the house two years ago so no idea what it’s history is before that.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Took pump apart and looks like pieces of plastic in there. Doing more research now. Previous owners kept paperwork and looks like it is 9 years old. Considering just buying a new one.