• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Well they cancelled my order; any info on 2022s?

CLBeerbower

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Dealer called and said after months of waiting that my order has been cancelled. I am pissed. Anyone have pricing or information on 2022s? I asked if they would honor this years pricing or put me towards the front of the list and I got a bunch of I don’t knows. Seems Yamaha hasn’t told the dealers anything. Trying to decide to wait or not.

VictorySwing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What dealer did you go through and which Yamaha did you order? I was lucky enough to find out my 252 FSH order was not canceled, but if it was canceled and I experienced what you are going through with your dealer I would find another one. There are dealers that are honoring 2021 prices on 2022 orders and some even state it on their website. You more likely won’t go to the front of the list but I would find one with a short list. That’s what I would do if I were in your situation.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If your dealer was worth anything they would work with you on a 2022. The problem is that reading this forum about new Yamaha boat buying experiences, Yamaha dealers are crooks. I know it was a different time, but when I bought my Yamaha I paid 299.00 dealer prep and 99.00 for a battery that was it, no delivery charge. I just bought a MasterCraft late last summer, I got over 30% off of MSRP, paid zero delivery, and zero dealer prep and got about $1500.00 in freebees.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If your dealer was worth anything they would work with you on a 2022. The problem is that reading this forum about new Yamaha boat buying experiences, Yamaha dealers are crooks. I know it was a different time, but when I bought my Yamaha I paid 299.00 dealer prep and 99.00 for a battery that was it, no delivery charge. I just bought a MasterCraft late last summer, I got over 30% off of MSRP, paid zero delivery, and zero dealer prep and got about $1500.00 in freebees.
MSRP vs MRP, MAP, RPM, ADP etc.

Last edited:

CLBeerbower

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
What dealer did you go through and which Yamaha did you order? I was lucky enough to find out my 252 FSH order was not canceled, but if it was canceled and I experienced what you are going through with your dealer I would find another one. There are dealers that are honoring 2021 prices on 2022 orders and some even state it on their website. You more likely won’t go to the front of the list but I would find one with a short list. That’s what I would do if I were in your situation.
I went through TriCity cycles in Loveland Colorado. I had ordered an AR250. One of my challenges is that there is not another dealer any where close to the Denver area.

CLBeerbower

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Wow. Sounds like you got quite the deal. What has shocked me is the absolute lack of communication between the dealers and the factory. It is like they are totally in the dark.

VictorySwing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I went through TriCity cycles in Loveland Colorado. I had ordered an AR250. One of my challenges is that there is not another dealer any where close to the Denver area.
I understand that completely.
I live in SW Louisiana. I initially put a deposit down on a 2021 210 FSH in March at a local dealer. Then I started thinking about the "buy your second boat first" and started looking at the 2021 252 FSH last month. I had inquired with another dealer near me that had a 2021 255 FSH open slot but they were price gouging. They added $5000 to MSRP including prep and fees and also wanted an $8000 deposit. The only dealer I could find that had a 25 foot FSH available that didn't price gouge was in Florida. I called them and I was the first in line for that boat. That will be a 15 hour drive for me but I'm willing to make that drive. I guess it comes down to how bad you want a boat and how far you are willing to drive. I hope you're able to find what you want.

Last edited:

CLBeerbower

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length

I live in SE Louisiana. I initially put a deposit down on a 2021 210 FSH in March at a local dealer. Then I started thinking about the "buy your second boat first" and started looking at the 2021 252 FSH last month. I had inquired with another dealer near me that had a 2021 255 FSH open slot but they were price gouging. They added $5000 to MSRP including prep and fees and also wanted an $8000 deposit. The only dealer I could find that had a 25 foot FSH available that didn't price gouge was in Florida. I called them and I was the first in line for that boat. That will be a 15 hour drive for me but I'm willing to make that drive. I guess it comes down to how bad you want a boat and how far you are willing to drive. I hope you're able to find what you want.
Thanks. Yes, I need to do some soul searching! Any maybe some driving!

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

I live in SW Louisiana. I initially put a deposit down on a 2021 210 FSH in March at a local dealer. Then I started thinking about the "buy your second boat first" and started looking at the 2021 252 FSH last month. I had inquired with another dealer near me that had a 2021 255 FSH open slot but they were price gouging. They added $5000 to MSRP including prep and fees and also wanted an $8000 deposit. The only dealer I could find that had a 25 foot FSH available that didn't price gouge was in Florida. I called them and I was the first in line for that boat. That will be a 15 hour drive for me but I'm willing to make that drive. I guess it comes down to how bad you want a boat and how far you are willing to drive. I hope you're able to find what you want.
I drove 13 hours each way to get my latest boat in Florida. Worth the drive. Best of luck!