• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

West Marine Boat Cover Vent

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Had a buddy tell me about these. You basically buy two, one for each anti - pooling pole for your boat cover. You cut a round hole in the boat cover, at the anti pooling poles, and this installs at that spot. Allows air to circulate a bit, but let's the hot air escape.

There was only one review. 5 stars. Does anyone else have any experience with these?

Screenshot_2014-06-07-09-51-15.png

They make solar powered vents too. Been thinking about adding one or two to my boat.

I've seen those before. I just couldn't bring myself to cut holes in my $600 cover. I guess that I could always patch it back up if they didn't work right, but I was afraid that it might start tearing from that point and ruin the whole cover. Let us know how they work for you if you give them a try.

That vent looks interesting. I don't put the anti pooling poles in all summer long though. I suppose they will still vent even without the poles.

I had a solar vent on my inexpensive StormPro cover for about two years. It worked fine but...

1) the design and materials were poor so it came apart easily (sorry I don't have the model info at hand ). I had to fix it a few times.

2) it only spun the fan in direct sun. It would not function on a cloudy day. If your boat is under any kind of shade the model I had would not spin the fan.

3) it slightly complicated installing and removing the cover.

4) when it did work the fan spun slowly so I didn't think it was all that effective, but it certainly helped. Our summertime temps are often in the 100-110 degree range so the covered boat bakes in the sun.

At this point I'm much more interested in the passive vent.

Been thinking about this as the day went on and my old boat cover had these vents. That boat never had a mold or mildew problem. May have to order a couple of the passive vents.

Those are cheaper. Maybe I'll order online instead of West Marine (depending on shipping of course)

Free shipping no sales tax.

I believe West Marine has a price match policy.

Depends on the people at the store in my experience. Some are cool, others will not price match online. The guy I try to go to at the local West Marine actually let me exchange a scratch and dent tube that I bought and used for a year for a brand new one of the same thing that was being sold for less than I paid. I forget if he refunded the difference or not but I never leave there with just what I came for anyway. :)

I use the damp rid bags and hang them to pull the moisture out....they work great. i think they work much better the the tubs of granules. originally got them at costco but second box got them at target.

Even cheaper at amazon.com $14.99. I ordered 2.

I'd be interested how you get on, the temps inside with a black cover in the Florida sun are insane :confused:.

Cutting holes in my premium cover though.........:(

I purchased two of those vents from Amazon and installed them today. Installation was pretty easy, except the psychological hurdle of cutting holes in the cover. Fortunately it is the less expensive universal cover rather than the Yamaha cover. It took me less than 10 minutes to install both vents. The build quality and material of the vents is good.

I'll see about picking up some poles to put under the vents. Right now they are just sitting on the unsupported cover. I don't install the anti-pooling setup in our dry summers.

Back