• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Western NY / Upstate NY

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi everyone. I'm pretty new here, been on the forum now a couple weeks, just got my first boat last month (SX192). Just wondering if there's any members in my area of the world? And where do you take (or dock) your jet boat?

I'm near Rochester, NY and over the past few weekends I've taken it on a couple of the finger lakes (Conesus and Canandaigua) and up on Lake Ontario once between the port of Rochester and Irondequoit Bay. And of course this Spring season has been unusually cold (I was out in the 50s and 60s)

This summer I have trips planned all over the state at various state parks, Finger Lakes, Thousand Islands, and Adirondacks. It should be an awesome summer

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Grew up on Skaneatles and my family has a camp near Alexandria Bay on the 1000 islands. Beautiful up there!!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard and congrats @Joe Hellaby on the new boat.

BMF JK

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Welcome aboard ! I too live in WNY , stafford just east of Batavia . Been boating since I was a kid . My wife and I just bought our first jet boat this year . We have a plethera of bodies of water near us .
My personal favorite of the finger lakes would be Seneca lake . Sampson state park has a nice campground and a great 4 lane launch, which is protected within a marina . I prefer the larger finger lakes on holiday weekends , due to their size and boat traffic is not as bad as the smaller finger lakes . On the larger finger lakes I recommend you check the weather , storms will come up over the hills quick and can actually cause sea like conditions.
Conesus is nice during the week , less traffic . There is a nice sand bar at the north end , which boats tend to tie up and party around on weekends .
Canandaiuga lake is always busy but lots of fun, the north end they have the water park and now have a cable wakeboard park !
Keuka lake is another great place to camp and boat . The state park is nice , but the launch can be tricky when the water is rough due to the angle of the launch . On windy days with a stern drive it was a challenge and a jet boat will be much worse .
We also have silver lake that's only 20 min south of us , which is where we go after work during the week . It's a small lake , but great for after work outings .
Enjoy the new boat and be safe !!

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congratulations Joe! Welcome Aboard!
I too am new to this insightful and much appreciated site. I've been a boater all my life, mostly on Long Island, but now we are located in Rochester (9 years) and hit all the Finger lakes and Lake Ontario. Our favorite is Keuka, its a little bit of a drive but we put in at the state park ramp in Branchport, even on summer weekends its not as bad as Canandaigua. Stay away from Canandaigua (north) on the weekends, its a nightmare with traffic and we've only gone once or twice on the weekends and people are arguing in line and at the ramp. They need someone to direct traffic. Its a shame cause it wrecks your day. Love Conesus during the week and sometimes we put in on Irondequoit bay, again also very busy on weekends. Going out from there to Lake Ontario and go a little west is nice shoreline with nice sand where we anchor off the beach. Its nice and shallow and sandy for all of us to play..I forget the name of the public beach there...
We just purchased our first jet and are anxious to get out, but the weather has been horrible, we had sleet as you know on Sunday, so I'm hoping this weekend for the inaugural cruise!
Enjoy and maybe we will see you out there..
Happy Boating!

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks! This jetboaters.net community is great! I know Stafford, the Red Osier is one of my all time favorite restaurants.

I can't wait to get out this weekend, finally a decent weather forecast. I'm thinking this weekend I'm going to take her out on the big lake again, unless it's too rough. Memorial day weekend I'm camping with the boat on Cayuga lake, I really hope the weather is nice!

Random question for any New York State boaters; how long did it take for you to get you boat and trailer registration sticker in the mail? We got the boat 4/23/16, and still nothing.

BMF JK

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Did the dealer recieve them maybe ? The dealer we bought from actually went to the dmv and got everything then and there for us . We had all stickers when we took delivery .
If all done by mail id imagine only a couple weeks .

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to the boards Joe, We used to own a farm off Rt 28 in Berkshire, Between Vestal and Ithica. Now my days are warmer and my boating season longer in GA.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That's great... we picked our boat up on the 23rd also...just got all the paperwork trailer and boat stickers from the dealer in the mail last week....now were legal and ready to roll this weekend!

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Our temporary reg says it's good till 6/10, but I'm starting to get a little worried. Did you go to McMillan for your boat?

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We went to all three boat shows, Buffalo, Roch, and Syracuse. My wife and I really liked Fremac Marine in Syracuse, family owned, great people to work with and they had a blue 212X coming in. They have been outstanding to deal with. The only factor is if I have warranty issues, its a drive..I'll do all the maint and winterizing myself. Love to tinker with the boat..
Give them a call, maybe its sitting on someone's desk..
Happy Boating!

Bones

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree!!! We just bought a 2016 AR240 from Fremac marine this year. We Traded in a SX210. We got both boats from there. Never had an issue. They make you feel like family!! Glad to give them the business.
1000 island is by far the best place to boat in NY. Hope to see you all at potters beach!

Richard Lajoie

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome aboard, out on the St. Lawrence for Memorial day. Henderson harbor and Chaumont bay are really nice as well.

Bones

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Rich we will see you at potter 2maro!!!!

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How are the shadflies (Mayflies) this time of year up there? I've never been to the Islands in the spring. Been to the Adirondacks in the spring and the black flies get crazy some years

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was in the Adirondacks this weekend and the black flies and horse flies are bad but the dragon flies are thinning them out. They were early this year because the lack of snow and warm temps. but they should be gone in a couple of weeks. I have been on the chain (1st thru 4th lake) but love Big Moose Lake, it's small but there is very little traffic.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi Joe, I purchased my sx 192 from McMillian Marina last year and I dock right next door at South Point. I either hang out in Irondequoit bay or boat over to Durand beach. I usually have kids with me and they want to jump off the back and swim.

I have yet to go as car as I can up the genesee river.

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The state launch coming in on Father's day from Canandaigua Lake. I should have taken a picture behind me to, probably another 12 boats behind me waiting. Everything was moving smooth that I saw, going in and out, just lot of people. There was a guy at the six lane launch directing traffic and people all day.
Sitting, in that line waiting to get out was not fun though, as you know, our boats don't like to sit still too well.
This was at 4pm (I thought I was going to beat the rush coming back in that early)
IMG_20160619_160645868.jpg