• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wet plugs?

Ottoman711

Reaction score
Boat Make
Baja
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Two stroke oil injected merc 120 jet boat: So I've done alot of tinkering to fix a no idle issue and now it's running. I haven't been on the lake but ran it on and off (with water support) for twenty minutes or so a couple days in a row and decided to check the plugs. The plugs seem to be wet but it has no problem starting or reving up. Should I just send it or is something else going on? It's more clear than black so it's not oil. Can't tell if it's fuel or water tho.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like it's running rich ( too high a fuel to air ratio) this could be that you are using the wrong plug ( heat range) for this engine or the carb jets need adjustment. You most likely have two jets per carb. One for idle and one for high speed.

—Яiвs>

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Agree with @Gym on running rich, But with out getting the RPM up you won’t burn off any of that extra gas residue. She needs a good run to stretch it’s legs and clear out before condemning anything.

Ottoman711

Reaction score
Boat Make
Baja
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Alright, tomorrow morning I'll go out. Maybe dry the plugs tonight before hand.

Ottoman711

Reaction score
Boat Make
Baja
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Figured id show youyguys :) just don't mind my ugly mug and silly faces, I was excited to get out for the first time!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Very cool. Sounds great. Good work.