• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wet sounds install

Luis Pena

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just got a 2016 ar240....went ahead and bought the rev10 and 4 channel wetsounds amp....I will also be replacing the 4 cabin speakers and buying another 4 channel amp.....where are you guys installing the amps at on the boat?..pics? Thanks

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Most guys install them in the helm area. I am in the process of installing mine there but it is not complete. I will be mounting to a board and then mounting the board to just behind the dash under the steering cables.

Congrats on the boat and :Welcome:

Luis Pena

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome thanks....any pictures?

Luis Pena

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just trying to get ideas...

Ddip1125

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here are some pictures of my setup. I have the Roswell Neptune 8.0 Tower Speakers with Roswell Elite SS in-boat speakers. My sub is placed in the same spot that Yamaha located it on the 242EX models. I actually called Yamaha engineering and confirmed this is a sealed compartment. I used 2 amps. One to power the tower speakers and sub and one for the in-boat speakers. I run an 800 watt and a 600 watt amplifier. The system sounds amazing.

Attachments

Luis Pena

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome thanks...I can't tell where the amps are located..is it behind the helm?

Ddip1125

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes I have them behind the helm on a pieces of black lexan. They fit well in there and don't take up any space in the compartment.

Luis Pena

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How are you liking the eq? I was thinking of also getting one to separate the volumes...but also seen these nice knobs someone else did for volume controls

Ddip1125

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The EQ was the best decision I made. It's nice being able to control every speaker and adjust all of the mids, highs and sub output. The wet sounds also allows you to independently control your tower volume and the cabin volume. The mic isn't bad either.

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
you will not regret getting the 420sq best money I have spent on my boat, really woke it up and when you change music types its easy to adjust on the fly

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here are my Wet Sounds amps. I have an older 240, but the principle is the same.....20160417_103810.jpg