• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wet Sounds Stealth 10 Ultra

Mike Snigur

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Brand new member here. Got my 2016 AR240 boat in August and looking for few upgrades. Instead of tower Speakers, i was looking to put a Soundbar so i don't hit my head every time i walk. Wet Sounds Stealth 10 ultra. has anyone done it? Pictures@

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I put a Stealth 10 Ultra HD in my AR190. I'm 6'2 and still hit my head on it. You can see it here tucked under the bimini top. You can also see my non-hidden wires snaking down the tower. Hiding those wires is a project for this winter.
20180922_152403.jpg

Here it is during installation.
20180803_192436.jpg

I bought the bracket kit, and HAD to use it. The tower on the 190 curves too much to do a straight mount to it. It also is forced to hang below the tower. The brackets won't reach to extend it out behind (where I wanted it to keep my head room). Not sure about the 240 towers, however the 190 tower has all the wires running down the starboard side, and there is no way to get the wires into the hull from the tower on the port side. I'll be removing the tower in a few weeks when it warms up to drill a hole in the hull where the mounting bracket for the tower attaches to run the wires in. Right now they are just zip-tied to the tower, and ran into the storage under the port aft seat. Not ideal, but worked for the last few months of the season last year. Oh yea, I had to mount it upside down as well to get the wires to the port side. If right side up, then the wires point out the starboard side when mounted. Doesn't make any sense to run the wires down over there, as the battery and head unit are both on the port side already.

It has bluetooth connectivity, but I haven't used it. I have it tied into an RCA output from the head unit, converted to 3.5mm as the input. Then just hooked directly to the battery. I think there is a remote on wire for it, but I'm not using it. I just turn it on/off as needed. I also need to tie the ground for the two devices together, as there is a noticeable "buzz" when idling with the bar turned on. It is nice to have a separate volume control for the bar over the cockpit speakers. We often turn the bar up a few clicks more than the cockpit speakers in order to project more sound behind the boat than into the boat.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it. Installation wasn't terribly hard, and it sounds decent. It's NOT the same as a set of tower speakers. This is a much higher sound, and doesn't have the fullness to it that a good set of tower speakers will. It was the right choice for us since all we really wanted was to project some sound out behind the boat when at anchor. It does that well, and you can hear it acceptably up to probably 30ft or so behidn the boat. Great for lounging when nobody is on the boat. When people are on the boat it's too loud. Regular tower speakers will have this problem as well though. For the $500 we paid for it (refurb from Creative Audio), it's a solid performer. If you just need some sound, it works great. If you want acoustical accuracy and recording room reproduction, get a "real" set of speakers for the tower.

One thing I absolutely DO NOT like......it whistles while trailering. The wind over the tower/speaker together whistle. Loud enough that it's noticeable in the cab of the truck at 70mph. I'm looking into either moving it slightly to reduce where the wind passes between the tower/speaker, or possibly putting a cover on it for trailering. Something needs to change though, as it's VERY annoying on the expressway. My 7yr old says he can hear it on board when on the water over ~35mph. We rarely cruise that fast, so it isn't a huge deal, but it's there. I'll report back if I can figure that issue out this summer.

Hope that answers some questions for you. Let me know if you want any specific pictures of anything. Boat is in the garage, and I'll be home all evening.

Mike Snigur

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you for reply. This helps a lot. The only issue i might have is the wind noise. Also, is there a way to hook these up and synch with the Connext volume?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you for reply. This helps a lot. The only issue i might have is the wind noise. Also, is there a way to hook these up and synch with the Connext volume?
I think the wind noise can be eliminated by adjusting the position/brackets, I just haven't taken the time to monkey with it honestly.

No idea on the connext volume question, my boat doesn't have that. I do know that once I have the volume "set" on the soundbar it is proportional to the main volume. So, adjusting the volume on the bar is essentially only adjusting the "bias" on between the main speakers and the bar.