• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wet Wolf Adjust-A-Thrust v. Lucky 13 Cone

Michael-Nash

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone with any experience with the Wet Wolf product compared to the Lucky 13 cone? Specifically the Yam-4. Haven't been able to find many reviews through search. Had to take the nozzle off after to remove a hat that got sucked through the impeller this weekend so I figured I might as well upgrade the cone while I'm in there. Any advice would be appreciated.

Adjust-A-Thrust for Yamaha PWC and Jet Boats

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Anyone with any experience with the Wet Wolf product compared to the Lucky 13 cone? Specifically the Yam-4. Haven't been able to find many reviews through search. Had to take the nozzle off after to remove a hat that got sucked through the impeller this weekend so I figured I might as well upgrade the cone while I'm in there. Any advice would be appreciated.

Adjust-A-Thrust for Yamaha PWC and Jet Boats
I went with the AAC. They work great and are half the price. No issues at all.

I actually changed mine again last night. Didn't like my hole shot performance so I put in a shorter cone.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I went with the AAC. They work great and are half the price. No issues at all.

I actually changed mine again last night. Didn't like my hole shot performance so I put in a shorter cone.
I should note that it takes 1 minute to swap out a cone. It's simply a matter of unscrewing a shoulder bolt, remove the cone (comes right out), remove bolt, place into new cone, place the cone back into adapter and tighten bolt. Done. This can be done in the water too. Just turn off the engine(s) first :winkingthumbsup".

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamaha are a bit different though.
I would say at this point the L13 has proven itself in Yamaha boats, and there is enough information to require minimal tuning.

Personally, I would not have a Yamaha single engine again without a L13, especially if using it for water sports.

--

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Following! As the L13 seems quite pricey. I've got cavitation on my port motor at 5k RPMs, and no visible reason. Figured this might help with that.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have 19 SX190 looking at the L13 and Wet Wolf Adjust a Thrust (AAT). I really like the idea of the AAT adjusting cone shape as speed increases. This seems like it could give both hole shot and top end if it is real. So is this a gimmick or are the results real?

I know on this forum L13 seems to be the choice and is well tested., but it does not adjust automatically while underway thus seems to improve cavitation but does not improve or hurts top end.

Has anyone with a NA 1.8L boat used the AAT?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I have 19 SX190 looking at the L13 and Wet Wolf Adjust a Thrust (AAT). I really like the idea of the AAT adjusting cone shape as speed increases. This seems like it could give both hole shot and top end if it is real. So is this a gimmick or are the results real?

I know on this forum L13 seems to be the choice and is well tested., but it does not adjust automatically while underway thus seems to improve cavitation but does not improve or hurts top end.

Has anyone with a NA 1.8L boat used the AAT?
I installed the ATT (2) on my boat. I like them. Boating in salt water made the spring rust and break but still achieve what I was after; better fuel economy. Like the L13 you cannot get both, a better hole and top end. I received different cone lengths that are easy to swap out (can actually be done in the water) which only takes 2 minutes to do; very simple).

I cannot speak for the L13 as I have never owned any.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So is this a gimmick or are the results real?
I don;t think its a gimmick but I have not heard much about those in Yamaha pumps. The L13 works very well in reducing cavitation, which you can feel during starts/hard acceleration, I think it also is improving the pumps efficiency, in general but it is almost impossible to prove it in non-commercial environment.

--

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @swatski for all your sharing of experience on this and other modifications. I will probably go with the L-13 since there is so much Yamaha experience. With the new hull, the 190's have lost a couple of precious mph at the top end. I've never been over 40 mph sustained. In most conditions 37 - 38 is about it, even with the ribbon delete. So as indicated by the picture below, my winter projects will be checking and sealing the pump and installing a new cone. Hopefully, I don't lose too much at the top end, I'd like it to stay in the upper 30's so I'm not embarrassed during group trips across Lake Cumberland.

jet.jpg

CaTiRo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm thinking about installing either the lucky 13 or the wet wolf. I can find threads on the lucky 13 (seems that this is the popular choice) but would love to hear more from people using the wet wolf cone. What do you like or dislike about it? Any increase in hole shot or top end?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I'm thinking about installing either the lucky 13 or the wet wolf. I can find threads on the lucky 13 (seems that this is the popular choice) but would love to hear more from people using the wet wolf cone. What do you like or dislike about it? Any increase in hole shot or top end?
I went with Wet Wolf. I chose them cause I like the fact I can swap them out quickly for my needs. I have mine setup to get better fuel economy (lower RPM at same cruising speed) vs hole shot. You can't have the best of both worlds. I do cavitate a little but that's fine with me. Oh, and the price is cheaper/better with twins.

CaTiRo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The pic on the wet wolf site shows what looks like 3 or 4 different cone sizes. Are they what determine if your setup is for better fuel economy, hole shot, or top end?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The pic on the wet wolf site shows what looks like 3 or 4 different cone sizes. Are they what determine if your setup is for better fuel economy, hole shot, or top end?
Yes, that is correct. Honestly I forget what length is best for each. I talked about here before. Do a search on my post for more info. Bruce (Wet Wolf) is easy to work with and knows his sh!t.

CaTiRo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks DeanP! I think I'm going to try the Yam 4 on my AR190. I sent an email to Bruce for more info. Will post back results once installed. :)