• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wetsound or JL Audio

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I run all Wetsounds. I would have absolutely no problem running JL (except for towers.... I'd have to keep the REV 10s). If you already have JL, no need to switch..... just get an amp.

BigShizz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I run all Wetsounds. I would have absolutely no problem running JL (except for towers.... I'd have to keep the REV 10s). If you already have JL, no need to switch..... just get an amp.
Thanks for the advice.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Have you confirmed you have JL, and JBL? JBL were used stock, but never JL. You have no need to replace JL as they are near top of the line. I would be money you have JBL, and in that case, ditch them for JL. Send a quick pic of a speaker if you have access to the boat. There is hardly a person that has ever been disappointing with JL audio, unless they were not properly amped. But ad a sub or two with amp and it will transform the sound of your system.

BigShizz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes, I am sure they are JLs.. The boat is used and I have the paperwork from the dealer.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Perfect, that was where I was confused, as you had mentioned they were stock speakers. (they were stock in your used boat) That's good news as you have no need at all to replace those speakers then. You can no concentrate on the other things that will make them sound amazing.

BigShizz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Gotcha.. I still need to replace them cuz my two on the swim deck are blown..

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Personally, I would look at the Polk MM series. I think they sound better balanced than my Wetsounds Revo 6-XW's and RSRP is over $100/pair cheaper with same 100/300 watt power capabilities. I can't speak much for JL's except for my buddies tower speakers, but they sounded pretty nice. I will say Wetsounds customer service is top notch if you ever need them for anything.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Why not use both Wet sounds and JL combo on my tower, two sound bars and I repurposed the stock cans. The sound bars crank with some nice power driving them 20 speakers on the tower and plenty of head clearance

20190703_121310_1562176982129_resized.jpg

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I think you could go with either one and be completely satisfied. I started the JL tower and sub Slampaks and upgraded with more JL from there. It's awesome and I'd do it again.
My biggest question is with only one pair of the 7.7 towers can you hear them surfing? This is really all I’m trying to accomplish.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My biggest question is with only one pair of the 7.7 towers can you hear them surfing? This is really all I’m trying to accomplish.
We did it for multiple sessions before I added the second pair. The clarity on the 7.7 is impressive! If you've got them hooked to a good amp you should be able to crank them up plenty loud enough.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We did it for multiple sessions before I added the second pair. The clarity on the 7.7 is impressive! If you've got them hooked to a good amp you should be able to crank them up plenty loud enough.
How much power did you have to them before buying a second pair?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How much power did you have to them before buying a second pair?
I believe it was the JL M600/6 (600w) at that time that was running the 4 speakers in the boat and the 2 7.7 tower speakers.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I run the JL M700/5 300 watts to my sub and 200 to each 8.8 tower speaker.