• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wetsounds A-Link replacement or compatibility ?

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Has anyone found a 2.4 GHz audio transmitter/receiver that's compatible with Wetsounds A-Link? At 160 a pair they get extremely expensive when only last a season or two.

I've found several "universal" transmitter/receivers, I just wonder if they would work with A-Link.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone found a 2.4 GHz audio transmitter/receiver that's compatible with Wetsounds A-Link? At 160 a pair they get extremely expensive when only last a season or two.

I've found several "universal" transmitter/receivers, I just wonder if they would work with A-Link.
Call Wetsounds and ask about warranty coverage.

I'm on my 4th season with mine and they are still working great. You should get well more than a season out of those.

To answer your question I don't know of any other product that works like the ALink setup.

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If I google 2.4ghz audio transmitter, I get several cheap(er) solutions. I'm not sure they are compatible with A-Link.
I also see that A-Link is is SKAA compatible so they are supposed to work with SKAA transmitters/receivers though I'm not sure anyone has both a transmitter & receiver in a single device.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I google 2.4ghz audio transmitter, I get several cheap(er) solutions. I'm not sure they are compatible with A-Link.
I also see that A-Link is is SKAA compatible so they are supposed to work with SKAA transmitters/receivers though I'm not sure anyone has both a transmitter & receiver in a single device.
I'll have to get to googling. I would guess these would still work, but I have no experience.

I used to voice/data cabling for large commercial spaces. We would often be asked to setup the PA system in a large building conference room, and things like that. I once used a set of wireless transmitters and recievers to blanket an entire room that was VERY cosmetically sensitive to wiring, and had NOT been planned out well for the intended use. They worked OK, but all required 120V power to run. Haven't looked for anything else since.

Be sure to post back on any finding you have. There are 4 A-Link devices in our group of friends, and we're 4 seasons in on these. I'm certain they won't last forever, and a lower cost alternative would certainly be welcome by all I'm sure.

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Most of us use A-Link too, however, I'm considering giving an FM transmitter a try. Fewer wires and more range. Our usual hangout spot can have anywhere from 20-100 boats and I'm often asked: "how can I link my stereo up to yours...". This would allow most anyone to do it on the spot. I read on some of the yamaha facebook pages this one has pretty good reviews. 12v too

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Most of us use A-Link too, however, I'm considering giving an FM transmitter a try. Fewer wires and more range. Our usual hangout spot can have anywhere from 20-100 boats and I'm often asked: "how can I link my stereo up to yours...". This would allow most anyone to do it on the spot. I read on some of the yamaha facebook pages this one has pretty good reviews. 12v too
Interesting approach. Not quite the same functionality as the A-Link, but should serve the purpose. We often trade "control" from one boat to another depending on the crowd, the mood, and the playlists available. So a single point to many wouldn't work quite as well for us.

With that said, I used an FM transmitter in the car for YEARS to get my phone output into the stereo, so it clearly works, and transfers the sound just fine.