• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wetsounds EQ

FlyNavy76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Looking to purchase/install a Wetsounds EQ (WS-420SQ). It doesn't appear that it comes with any mounting hardware. I was thinking of installing it under my helm by cutting an opening in the fiberglass, but need to know what I need to mount it correctly. Thanks.

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
12804747_10206010909533906_4751890499246935443_n.jpg

I had someone install, but they did it with two L brackets on each side. I also put a microphone hang-up clip on the side. It works great when some jackass blows by in the no wake zone. Grab the mic and let him know how you feel.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed it myself in my previous 190 under the helm dash, worked out great. Comes with some L brackets and screws, the install is no sweat. You may just need to run long RCA cables depending on your amp/HU setup.
Loved the mic and being able to yell at the kids, LOL. They thought it was a karaoke though, LOL.
upload_2016-10-1_1-53-12.png

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Looking to purchase/install a Wetsounds EQ (WS-420SQ). It doesn't appear that it comes with any mounting hardware. I was thinking of installing it under my helm by cutting an opening in the fiberglass, but need to know what I need to mount it correctly. Thanks.
The Wetsounds EQ definitely includes all the required hardware for an under-dash mount. Odin w/ Earmark Marine is a good Wetsounds source and has illustrations & instructions for a variety of non-standard mounting methods. Odin also fabricates anything (such as a custom trim plate or mounting bridge) you need to supplement your installation.

FlyNavy76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Thanks guys!

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Built this out of wood......covered in fiberglass resin and painted. Mounted under dash. The picture was before paint.20140608_172445.jpg