• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wetsounds question

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So in my excitement to upgrade my audio I think I made a error. I had 8 inch Kickers on my tower, I wanted to upgrade to Wetsounds, and I planned on just reusing my pods which are supposedly universal, so I ordered Revo 8s. Well, they don’t fit, and looking on Wetsounds website I don’t see pods sold separately. The 8s with the pods are “Rev 8s”
is there a difference between Rev 8s and Revo 8s besides coming with a pod?

Depending on the answer to that question, a potential follow up question, anyone know of a pod that fits Revo 8s?

is there a difference between Rev 8s and Revo 8s besides coming with a pod?
REV is the tower series in a pod, REVO is the bare speaker to put in your boat. They appear to be the same just with and without pods.
Edit - from the specs the power handling is higher on the REV likely due to being in a small infinite baffle enclosure.
Depending on the answer to that question, a potential follow up question, anyone know of a pod that fits Revo 8s?
Can't help there...why didn't they fit, different screw points?

Last edited:
REV is the tower series in a pod, REVO is the bare speaker to put in your boat. They appear to be the same just with and without pods.

Can't help there...why didn't they fit, different screw points?

The outside of the speaker is significantly larger, probably by inch, than the pod and and the Kicker speaker.

Back