• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wetsounds Sub AS-10 tuning

Pullen724

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Im not very familiar with audio stuff. I have a 2016 Yamaha 242 Limited S with stock stereo system. Ive added a wetsounds AS-10 and curious on the setting options and what may be best.

I understand some settings are up to user preference but what Im trying to figure out is what Im most confused about is the X-over setting. The manual says to set this slightly above the lowest frequency that the speakers can produce in the boat. I have no idea what frequency range my stock speakers are. Any input on this or the other settings?

Attachments

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The best way to see where the 6.5"s (mids) cut off at is to down load a tone generator to you phone. Turn the volume on the HU up a bit 1/4 but less then 1/2 and leave it there during this whole setup. Sub off. Connect to the radio wire or blue tooth. and start at 200hz and move down to when you hear the sound diminish. Somewhere between 200hz and 80hrz. If you can turn the mids amp off or unhook the RCAs. Then turn the sub on with the lowest Hz found on the mids move the Hz up 10hz (so if it is 80hz set tone gen. to 90hz. Turn the x-over on the sub till you start to hear the 90hz might need to move the gain a bit but your not going for volume yet. Now move the tone gen up and check to see that the sub is loosing sound at 100hz if not back the x-over off till you find the spot. After you find it hook every back up. Use the tone gen. set at the x-over point where both the mids and sub are playing (90hz). Turn the gain up on the sub till it matches the mids. Now the bass boost adds extra gain 0-12db at 45hz. You can set the tone gen to 45hz and add some boost if needed. Now depending your taste in music some already has a strong boost at 45hz so be careful. Also do not play the mids at there lowest Hz x-point for too long it will build up heat fast.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Im not very familiar with audio stuff. I have a 2016 Yamaha 242 Limited S with stock stereo system. Ive added a wetsounds AS-10 and curious on the setting options and what may be best.

I understand some settings are up to user preference but what Im trying to figure out is what Im most confused about is the X-over setting. The manual says to set this slightly above the lowest frequency that the speakers can produce in the boat. I have no idea what frequency range my stock speakers are. Any input on this or the other settings?
@jacoviii suggests a good idea, but a lot of work that likely isn't necessary. I recommend you set the amps to high-pass at about 70-80Hz and the sub low-pass to just above the high-pass point. All of your stock speakers will do 80Hz without issue (excluding tweeters of course), so the sub only needs to fill in the deep bass below the coaxial speakers' lower end. Then you can fine tune if you wish, and adjust the sub output to a suitable level to match the coaxial speakers.