• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What amp ?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Honestly, you have amps to power the inboat speakers and the sub. With the 770's, your underpowered on something. 75W each is fine for the 650's, but you need to hit the sweet spot for the 770's. So I think your at least 200 watts shy at this point. If you add two more speakers, you don't have enough power for all that. I suggest also, with all that distribution, that you consider the EQ so you do have some zone control for volume of individual zones. I'm not sure where another amp gives you any more capability of zone volume control, but you need another amp anyway, or exchange one for a larger amp. My JL system isn't overpowered, and I have a 600/6 and a 500/3, for 8 M650's and the JL M10W5 enclosure sub.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Honestly, you have amps to power the inboat speakers and the sub. With the 770's, your underpowered on something. 75W each is fine for the 650's, but you need to hit the sweet spot for the 770's. So I think your at least 200 watts shy at this point. If you add two more speakers, you don't have enough power for all that. I suggest also, with all that distribution, that you consider the EQ so you do have some zone control for volume of individual zones. I'm not sure where another amp gives you any more capability of zone volume control, but you need another amp anyway, or exchange one for a larger amp. My JL system isn't overpowered, and I have a 600/6 and a 500/3, for 8 M650's and the JL M10W5 enclosure sub.
Says the guy who's head unit won't power on. . . . . = ) (Sorry, I had to)

viggen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Adding more channels allows the ability to control that volume seperate from everything else. Something like JL HD-RLC would more then likely be required to have seperate control of the amp.

Before adding additional amps you also must consider how much battery power you have. If presently the batteries can barely keep up or you do not get enough playtime when the engines are off adding more power will only make things worse :)

If it was me I would swap the 200/2 for another 600/6