• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What app is everyone using for music?

CraigAR

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been using Pandora, I also have Amazon music which let's me create playlist but the sound quality is not as good as Pandora. What is everyone using to create playlists without losing output?

Spotify is where it's at
I've been on the fence about buying a service. Use Google Music for a free trial about this time last year. Went to finally plunk down the cash and order a years worth of Google Music......only to find they're phasing it out for YouTube Music......ggrrrrrr.

There's a really good chance I'm gonna go with Spotify.

Damn you Google!

Spotify and Apple Music, anyone have some good playlist to share?

I use Apple Music and Spotify. Mainly Apple Music.

I never realized Pandora sounded better. How does Spotify compare @CraigAR? Do you connect via USB or Bluetooth? Thx

I use Apple Music and Spotify. Mainly Apple Music.

I never realized Pandora sounded better. How does Spotify compare @CraigAR? Do you connect via USB or Bluetooth? Thx
I use bluetooth. I have not tried spotify yet.

I've been using Pandora, I also have Amazon music which let's me create playlist but the sound quality is not as good as Pandora. What is everyone using to create playlists without losing output?

I use amazon music, I just download my playlist to my phone. No sound quality issues

Converted to Spotify years ago when iheartradio pissed me off with buggy app releases.
Have been super happy with Spotify and it is free. You only have to pay if you don't want a 30-60 second add every 30+ minutes or need to skip more songs.

Just downloaded and signed up for Spotify. 3mo free premium.

Started a playlist for the boat. Couldn't find any artist I searched that wasn't available.

We have to use downloaded music, no cell service at the lake to stream from.

We have spotify and it's better than pandora for sure. I had pandora for years and years until my kids talked me in to spotify. We have a family subscription and got rid of multiple subscriptions. It also integrates with everything well.

Thanks guys I'm going to give Spotify a try. I think some people misunderstood what I was saying, amazon music plays fine it just does not put out the same output that Pandora does. I have a pretty large system and I can notice the output difference from these 2 apps. Amazon I have to turn up louder limiting my top end. I'll report back after this weekend. Ill be adding a new vented sub box and getting rid of the sealed one then going through my 3 amps and retuning. I've been putting together a playlist with Spotify so we will see.

Thanks guys I'm going to give Spotify a try. I think some people misunderstood what I was saying, amazon music plays fine it just does not put out the same output that Pandora does. I have a pretty large system and I can notice the output difference from these 2 apps. Amazon I have to turn up louder limiting my top end. I'll report back after this weekend. Ill be adding a new vented sub box and getting rid of the sealed one then going through my 3 amps and retuning. I've been putting together a playlist with Spotify so we will see.

For Amazon make sure you set the highest audio quality.

Attachments

• 389D0E0D-8306-43CE-B119-0539B3FAA988.jpeg
    389D0E0D-8306-43CE-B119-0539B3FAA988.jpeg
    892.1 KB · Views: 8
Spotify here!

Spotify rocks - we’ve got a family account with separate profiles for the wife and Google Home so we can have multiple streams and whole home audio at the same time.

Spotify as a paid app. I also use Pandora and Amazon but not as much...

Another vote for Spotify (but I have not done it on the boat much--usually use my USB chip there and just got the Spotify account).

Different but related question... I'm not sure my bluetooth controls my volume. Should it?

I've always just controlled volume with the connext knob. Yesterday, I turned my phone all the way down, then turned the knob up to about 75%. (which is what I thought you're supposed to do).

Anyway, bumped my phone up 1 click and about fell off the back of the boat it scared me how loud it was. (I was in the driveway). So, I turned the volume knob back down and my phone volume back up and figured I'd just stick with what I know....

Thoughts?

Different but related question... I'm not sure my bluetooth controls my volume. Should it?

I've always just controlled volume with the connext knob. Yesterday, I turned my phone all the way down, then turned the knob up to about 75%. (which is what I thought you're supposed to do).

Anyway, bumped my phone up 1 click and about fell off the back of the boat it scared me how loud it was. (I was in the driveway). So, I turned the volume knob back down and my phone volume back up and figured I'd just stick with what I know....

Thoughts?
The volume button on the phone definitely affects the volume on the radio.

The volume button on the phone definitely affects the volume on the radio.
Is it app sensitive? I was using iTunes and saw no difference. 1 bar of volume was the same as full volume from my phone's perspective.

Back