• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What are your thoughts on the Sea-Doo Switch Pontoon Jet Boat?

Switchboatguy

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I opted for the double Bimini top and I’m glad I did, even though they think very highly of them! Gave shade to 80% of the boat on average throughout the day. I also opted for the anchor kit which fits nicely into a molded compartment in front of the boat with a cleat inside. The see through sides of the boat are interesting and I am curious to see how they hold up long term. I would say they are almost like the windows in the side of a jeep soft top. It does give an added element to look down and see the water more while on the boat. The supplied stereo is about what you would expect, not great but it will do for now. The upgraded JBL for almost 5k was insane to me so I’ll be interested to know what someone who hears it thinks.

Switchboatguy

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was impressed with the way it cut waves in comparison to my previous 25’ Tritoon. While on plane it seems as though you are essentially riding in the center hull. In saying that the boat doesn’t drive like a pontoon at all! It will actually cut through a turn and i much more fun to drive. I have the swim platform is nice, especially when anchored out in a cove relaxing in the water. One complaint would be there is only one actual door on the boat, in the front. I have seen images of doors on the rear of some models and mine even has a hinged portion of the wall that is simply bolted down on the other end. If I move the end table located there I am hopeful I can add a latch and have a rear door. I also have the ski pole attachment for tubing mainly. I opted for the boat because I have a young son and he is in no way ready for a proper ski boat so I figured this would be a great family boat for the next 8-10 years. I have yet to pull anything but plan to do so this weekend and will update accordingly. Unlike many on here I don’t expect this boat to be a wakesetter/Malibu and expect it to perform fine for my needs!

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Did the switch come with seating other than the captain's chair, or was all of it optional?

Jim

Switchboatguy

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I opted for the cruise package instead of the sport. Mine included all of the seating on mine but I am not sure what comes with different package levels. I will take a picture of my layout and different things this weekend

Switchboatguy

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A note on a few cool features I forgot to mention. The hull and toons (if you can call them that) all have a place to hook fresh water hose to for flushing if you are putting in salt water or at the end of the season. The tiles in the floor have padding that just snaps in place as well, you can see in the photos above. The seats are a type of tight knit fabric as opposed to the vinyl I have been used to. I treated with scotch guard like I would my truck seats, jury is out as to how these hold us vs vinyl. With the linq system on the rails things click on and stay put nicely. I sprung for some extra cup holder and the fender kit, they look much better than the typical boat bumpers just flapping along the boat in my opinion. Boat does come with navigation, anchor lights and horn. The garmin gps is a nice touch but is just for fishing and navigation, it does not interface to the Seadoo controls.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Switchboatguy

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Update on pulling with the switch. Did some wakeboarding and tubing this weekend. I can only speak to the 21’ 230 hp on somewhat choppy water as it was windy here in ga this weekend. Tubing went better than expected with speeds in the 20’s with 2 person tube easily achieved. Wakeboarding was fine as well just took some playing around with take off as all boats are different. As with any non wake boat it will be harder for beginners to learn but the ski pole definitely helped. My wife has wakeboarded for years and had a great time, again it’s not a fancy ski boat but fun anyway! One thing I did notice is that the boat does not have a 12v outlet (or I couldn’t find one), so I will be wiring one in. It continues to surprise me on handling chop on the lake, cutting through areas that would have been hard hits on my previous tritoon.

Attachments

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I seen a switch on Lake Allatoona last weekend, it was clipping around the lake pretty well. From just watching it tool around, definitely looked more nimble than a big tri toon. Wasn't a fan when I first saw one but damn it looked like a lot of fun. Rock on fellow Allatoona boater 🤟

Switchboatguy

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hopefully you are able to get yours sooner than later! I was told that only the first few would be in for this season.

Switchboatguy

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sean, that had to be us out there trying to make it through the break in period! Has been a lot a fun so far and I hope to see many more on Allatoona!

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Sean, that had to be us out there trying to make it through the break in period! Has been a lot a fun so far and I hope to see many more on Allatoona!
It was June 9th or 10th. First saw you around flamingo cove and pointed you out to my wife. Then a hour or so later you where way up by Sunset Grill/ Victoria Harbour.