• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What... Bimini should I get plz

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Previos owner installed Aerial airborne tower with the dual bullets - so the factory Bimini won't fit. Need a recommendation on a Bimini top. I like the appeal of the over the tower tops for more headroom though not committed, however it appears they are larger frames that take a bit more effort to put up / take down. Since I do weekend trips and trailer the boat the ease of stowing and towing is a factor. Plus if the wife elects to have a sun day I need the option to go without. Been looking at the Eclipse or Super Shadow but I can find what effort goes into putting up/down and stowed. Also really like the ease of the collapsible I'm just worried under the tower speaker will be to low and in the way?? Decisions decisions...

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I did the same thing on my previous SX230. I just modified the bimimi in order to move it under the tower speakers and into place. I will look for a pic of the adjustment and post.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
See the picture below. I ended up removing the permanent pin that in the circled area and drilled the hole out to replace it with a pull pin that could be removed. Once removed, it allows you to lower the front of the bimini and mover it under the tower speakers into place. Then you would place the pin back into the joint, secure the straps and use it as you normal would. To take the bimini down you would just do the opposite. Unclip the straps, remove the pins, move the bimini under the tower speakers and get the front leg back into the socket and put the pin back.

Others have also modified the front leg to be telescoping and avoid having to remove the pin. They would lower the front leg to pass it under the speakers and then extend it back once clear of the tower speakers.

vxooxv

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks! I'll give this a 2nd look. While I would like the extra headroom I could use that $ for other mods.

I'm not a big fan of permanent frame the over the tower bimini's have. I trailer back and forth to the lake and i just don't want the frame exposed. Plus i'll only use the bimini when my kids are on board; so i want the clean(er) option of not having the bimini up - again w/o some bare frame. I can't seem to find a decent over the tower bimini that folds up to the front of back of the tower for quick/easy up & down. I've not given up...