• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What Boat AR195 or AR210?

Cdkjht1010

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We owned a 2015 AR192 for 3 years, great boat, no issues, regret selling a few years ago. Wanted to replace it with an AR210. I went out on a friends last week and it seemed so slow. Our top speed was about 42 but the boat did not feel like my old 192. It seemed slower and sluggish. My question is how well this boat translates to pulling. Our 192 would slow down with 4 adults and 2 kids, how does the 210 pull with a full load? What are the advantage to the 210 vs. the 195? Any thought would help us decide what boat to get.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
For reference, the 210 FSH has the same hull and engines/pumps as an AR/SX210. Last year in FL we had the boat maxed out with 10 on board. Even while loaded to close to max weight which is like 2000#, I was able to achieve a top speed around 36-37 (GPS). Pulling a tube with a couple kids on it, there was some cavitation from a standstill but easing into the throttles helped. My guess is the dual engines help more as the load goes up, if that makes sense.

Griswold

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve got a 2017 AR195 that makes 53 MPH with 3 folks and 1 in the water behind the boat (56 with just the 2 of us and a full tank of fuel). I guess it depends on your goals and your budget however we found the 195 to be lacking only a few performance adds so we purchased those up front, calibrated it and now it does all we need it to do.

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
We love our 2019 AR195 but I wished I had just gone big and got the 212X. Mine will be for sale soon (and I have the wakebooster package).

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The 210 is obviouslly bigger, probably heavier, and most likely has less power than the 195. Thus, it isn't surprising that it might seem somewhat slower. Which is more important to you - the extra space the 210 provides or the extra speed the 195 provides? We had a 2011 SX210, which I know is a different beast than the current model, and honestly it had enough power for all the things we used it for, which included tubing and wakeboarding. We moved on to a different type of boat after having the 210 for 5 years, but I don't regret that boat at all.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 210 works for our family. I prefer 2 engines over 1 and like the idea of having the new TR1 engines after the fact. Plenty of power for our sports and boating and I came from an LS2000 that had 270 HP and went close to 50 mph. The AR210 will not win races but it will carry a lot of people and do plenty for the wakeboard. The 210 also has a higher deadrise so it does better in waves/chop than a 19'.

The AR195 is $38K and the AR210 is $45K so price is a small factor.... A 212S is $56k.

I think if you think 42 mph is too slow you can't go with the 210. You will not be happy... 212S - no brainer.

Cdkjht1010

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks everyone for the info and feedback-greatly appreciated, We test drove a 210 and the 195 yesterday, I think the 212x or s would be the best boat but the budget don't support that much $. We are going with the 2019 AR195-Gray. Super excited about it anyone recommend any upgrades?

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Congrats and welcome.
2nd start battery, fishfinder, towable toys, ... the list is endless!