• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

What did you pay for your 2015 AR240 ?

RegezM3

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello everyone! I'm new to the site as of today and very excited to be a part of this group! I have been looking for a good deal on a 2015 AR240. Seems most people are paying MSRP but getting many throw-in items for free. I'm interested to see what offers you guys have been able to pull. I'm bummed I didn't pull the trigger last month with the extra warranty incentive. They still have the 2.9% this month and I anticipate that next month's deal won't be as good... so I'm looking to make a move within the next week or two! I thank you guys in advance!

Eric

@RegezM3 :Welcome:

You've come to the right place!

I can't answer your question directly, but I will give you a few thoughts to consider. As you probably are aware, Yamaha redesigned its 24' boats for the 2015 model year. In doing so, they addressed many of the issues that owners had in the previous generation. Given the new and improved design and the time of year, I would not expect to find much of a deal off of MSRP. Many Yamaha dealers don't haggle much on any of the boats because they know they will sell their supply. Many will also try to tack on a significant "prep" fee which in some people's opinion is excessive. Hopefully the dealer(s) near you are reasonable. I bought my boat used (50 hours on it) through a dealer and it was worth it to have it shipped over 1000 miles. I think you should call far and wide and consider the $1-2/mile shipping fee or taking a road trip. I am sure others will chime in. Best of luck. Great boat.

You are very right but I have heard people not paying any prep or transporation fees ($1500 fee in R.I.), etc and still getting 2-3k worth of free extras. I had a conversation earlier today on this forum with a guy who will remain unnamed (as it was a PM and don't know if he wants his name on this)... but this is what he shared:
==============================================================================

My 2015 AR240 was $53,000 before taxes. That included all the prep and fees and whatever else, the only other cost was the tax. They also included the 5 year warranty, galvanized trailer, complete coast guard package(anchor, chain, rope, 3 dock lines, boat hook, flare kit, 10 life jackets,3 fenders and a fire extinguisher), deluxe premium mooring cover, exchanging the stock speakers for 4 Wet Sounds X-65i's, Drilling and installing 2 chrome rod holders in back transom, the soft sided Yamaha cooler bag and a $250 store credit towards anything else like tubes and ropes or whatever. I went back and forth with him a few times but think I got a good deal. Couple things I gave up, the port-a-potti and the 2nd set of trailer brakes. I don't want the potti in my boat and Mass doesn't require 4 wheel brakes although I may have him put them in and pay for them. The extra brakes are $500 so that's why he knocked it down to $53K.

That was my point. You can absolutely find deals like that, but your results will vary greatly by dealer and time of year and unless you get lucky you will need to travel to find a dealer who is very flexible. My local dealer sells at MSRP + prep and no extras and sells all inventory quickly. I don't blame them, but if I can save $2k-5k, I will travel far and wide. Half because I want to save the money and half on principle. In the example above, it sounds like the dealer was one who routinely deals with a lot of accessories. I think you will find that this will vary greatly by dealer.

Hello everyone! I'm new to the site as of today and very excited to be a part of this group! I have been looking for a good deal on a 2015 AR240. Seems most people are paying MSRP but getting many throw-in items for free. I'm interested to see what offers you guys have been able to pull. I'm bummed I didn't pull the trigger last month with the extra warranty incentive. They still have the 2.9% this month and I anticipate that next month's deal won't be as good... so I'm looking to make a move within the next week or two! I thank you guys in advance!

Eric
I paid retail for 242 l S but got them to throw in a tower slam pack speakers and amp also a cover and you can get the five year warranty. They sell it for 1500 but every boat on the market comes with a five year warranty so tell them you want it free. I also got the anchor ropes and bumpers from the catalog. I got led lights on all my speakers and the labor on them. I think they gave me about 3000 worth of extras and I felt like it was a decent deal

I got the galvanized trailer also and no prep fees or transport fees I just paid the taxes. Forgot about those things

I paid 53,800 out the door. They threw in a Yeti Hopper 30, Coast Guard kit and the delux cover at their cost which they said was $600.

I was able to get $2000 off MSRP and no prep/delivery fees plus $500 for a "Military Discount" and they also split the difference on a premium deluxe mooring cover for my 242 Limited. I was not able to get a single thing besides the cover thrown in!

They were the only Yamaha boat dealer in Indiana and the dealer in Louisville had no clue when it came to boats so they kind of have you by the short hairs. It seems to be a crap shoot!

I was able to get $2000 off MSRP and no prep/delivery fees plus $500 for a "Military Discount" and they also split the difference on a premium deluxe mooring cover for my 242 Limited. I was not able to get a single thing besides the cover thrown in!

They were the only Yamaha boat dealer in Indiana and the dealer in Louisville had no clue when it came to boats so they kind of have you by the short hairs. It seems to be a crap shoot!
I got mine in louisville and they might not have a clue but they pretty much let me have and do everything I requested. I did it on the last day of the month when they were offering 3.99. They called us back a week later and gave me 2.99 and the five year warranty. For some reason they didn't put the paperwork through and let us get the better deal and returned me 1500. I was sceptical of there knowledge also but now I'm glad I got it there they have been great

Do you go to Patoka I saw you are in jasper. We have a place in wildridge. Which boat did you get?

I got $2500 off msrp and the deluxe cover added at cost. Only other thing I paid was tax. Galvanized trailer and life jackets included.

Last edited:
@jwells We go to Patoka a lot, mostly Friday nights when the lake is quite and but a few pontoons and fishing boats. Such a beautiful lake when the holiday crowd is not around. Would love to get together sometime.

Picked up the only 2015 242 Limited in Indiana... so far! "Per BMV"

I heard rumors that Yamaha is trying to pull the boats out of Louisville because they mainly focus on bikes and skis, but you know how rumors go. They where always friendly when I stopped by! Glad that they worked out for you.

Trust me if the Indy dealer didn't work out I would have gone to Louisville.

Patoka lake on Friday night

20130816_200146.jpg

Absolutely Friday nights we go on little cruises so we will definately have to meet up. Mine is still in the showroom due to the weather but I think I'm gonna pick it up next week. I almost didn't get a yamaha due to I didn't feel those guys were giving me the time I expected when spending that kind of money but I'm in sales and I'm sure they waste a lot of time with some people for nothing. Once I asked them to run my credit everything changed. The owner himself has been great he is there boat guy. Like you said the salesman focus on the bikes and sise by sides. We will definately get together one Friday I got lights put on mine just for those night cruises and 4th of july. What color did you get20150331_160900.jpg20150331_160841.jpg

The non-S Limited (no-tower) only comes in one color... Black!

Nice looking boat you have, congrats!

I was dead set on the black I have been wanting the black for the last three years that's what drew me to yamaha was when they put the black hull and black bottom out in 2011 I think. Well congrats on the boat

Awesome feedback! I think I have a deal lined up. My question is whether to get the yamaha premium deluxe mooring cover or get the one that the dealerhip installs with snaps into the side of the boat. I kind of don't like the idea of that and would rather not have snaps installed. Will the premium deluxe mooring cover be easy to use and do what I need it to do? I will be trailering the boat from location to location for use and it will be covered in my driveway for most of it's life. The dealership suggested cover is a two part cover also where the mooring is a one piece. What are your thoughts guys?

Eric

@RegezM3 The mooring cover is pretty nice. I think it would definitely keep rain and debris out of the boat better. I have no roof or awning at my slip and mine did a pretty good job on keeping it clean and dry (I live in Oregon). The mooring cover goes over the sides where the snaps are usually on the top of the gunwale so rain and stuff can get in the boat easier. Plus with snaps you also have a lot of little holes drilled in the boat.
The only advantage I see of a two piece snap cover is to keep the cover on the bow when underway if it is cold or raining out. I use a snapped bow cover on my fishing boat when I am crabbing in the winter.

Yes, that is the one advantage of the two piece system...but I don't see myself using the boat in conditions where I would need to cover just the front. I also heard that over-time the snaps break and cause issues.

The snaps have broken on my aluminum fishing boat. Also, look at any old boat fiberglass boat with snaps and you will probably see spider cracks around the snap grommets.

Back