• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What do you do for a living?

tracerrx

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@tracerrx You're not missing anything. Research has become extremely cut-throat with more and more people fighting for less and less money (of course I guess that could apply to a lot of things). But the most frustrating part of research is that you never truly answer your questions, you just generate more questions.
Didn't mind the research... couldn't stand the waiting.... I want results NOW!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well, Disregard the previous post. After 17 years at my company they gave me the package this week ! What a bloodbath ! My programs that I've owned/designed for the past 9ish years is being sent to India...pretty much anyone tied to the program is gone..100's of people ! some 8,000 overall I'd guess.

Its been a great 15 out of 17 years and the company carried my family thru the biggest growing years nicely. Matter of fact when I was notified I felt like I was told I beat Cancer !! .......with a Fantastic severance package to boot.
I am Flattered by the amount of people coming to my side to help me out and give me leads.

....So whats next:

1. Update linkedIn and resume, reach out to a lot of solid relationships built over the last 17 years.
2. Install the NEW SEADECK, then the scupper I bought 2 years ago.
3. Hunting season is Nov 1 to Jan 1........I'll take a pic of me Nov 1, and again Jan 1 when I re-emerge from the woods...
4. haven't gotten that far..

OK, Let the journey continue !

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@justason, I'm really sorry to hear that. I know you remember that I was in your shoes 1 year ago. Please let me know if there is anything we can do for your and your family to help out if needed.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@justason, I'm really sorry to hear that. I know you remember that I was in your shoes 1 year ago. Please let me know if there is anything we can do for your and your family to help out if needed.
I'll second that. We are a band of boaters with jets.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well, Disregard the previous post. After 17 years at my company they gave me the package this week ! What a bloodbath ! My programs that I've owned/designed for the past 9ish years is being sent to India...pretty much anyone tied to the program is gone..100's of people ! some 8,000 overall I'd guess.

Its been a great 15 out of 17 years and the company carried my family thru the biggest growing years nicely. Matter of fact when I was notified I felt like I was told I beat Cancer !! .......with a Fantastic severance package to boot.
I am Flattered by the amount of people coming to my side to help me out and give me leads.

....So whats next:

1. Update linkedIn and resume, reach out to a lot of solid relationships built over the last 17 years.
2. Install the NEW SEADECK, then the scupper I bought 2 years ago.
3. Hunting season is Nov 1 to Jan 1........I'll take a pic of me Nov 1, and again Jan 1 when I re-emerge from the woods...
4. haven't gotten that far..

OK, Let the journey continue !

BOOM ! took six casual months but I got there ! took an offer at a design consulting house couple days ago. A company format I was hoping to land at: Different design every day ! My previous employer was some 70,000 heads strong globally, now I'm one of 5 guys working in a small office !
I achieved 3/4 of the goals above, waiting for warmer weather for the SEADECK, had a decent hunting season, trained and walked the hell out of my new pup...(She has a real life style change coming !!)

now to kicked the crap out of my amazon Boat wish list with all this pent up consumerism !!

Next stop : retiring at the lake !!

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new job @justason. I respect how you handled yourself with class through a rough patch. Good luck at the new job!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats @justason , I hadn't seen this thread in a while. Where are the before and after hunting pics?

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congrats @justason , I hadn't seen this thread in a while. Where are the before and after hunting pics?
Thanks....I started to look like more of a bum than I liked, considering the scenario, I kept myself more intact.......starting to find and talk to my favorite trees over a few months concerned me a tad as well.....but I digress

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
BOOM ! took six casual months but I got there ! took an offer at a design consulting house couple days ago. ... Next stop : retiring at the lake !!
Congrats 18 Justason.jpg And BEST WISHES - Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@justason glad to hear about the great news!!! Congrats my friend!

Now... lets discuss a trip to visit your lake. :)

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guess I should update my post from a while back.
I retired from the Air Force on 1 Dec, got a job working for a DoD contractor at a remote radar site in Cape San Blas, FL. I started a month and a half ago and am really liking it so far!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Congratulations @justason I am glad it all worked out in the end. Sounds like you had a nice little vacation too.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Wayloncle Thank you for your service!!![flag] Congratulations on your new venture!

Blazin14

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mechanical Engineer - Manager (healthcare)
Wife- Lawyer (public Defender)

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@justason Congrats on the new job! :thumbsup:
@Wayloncle Thank you for your service and a well deserved retirement![flag]

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Federal Agent with ICE...

ETS from the Virginia Army National Guard after 9 years on 3/22/2015...

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
US Navy Support. Work with 2 squadrons that use the massive helicopter below (MH53E Sea Dragon) to tow minehunting/neutralization systems. I chase electrons for one of the systems they tow. Love my job.

mh53 hm14.jpg

Not at all without risk. We lost 3 in the crash of Vulcan 543 last year. RIP Pilot Lt. Wesley Van Dorn, 29; Naval Aircrewman (Helicopter) 3rd Class Brian Collins, 25; and pilot Lt. Sean Snyder, 39.

Last edited: