• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

What do you use to clean your seats?

Jayr212x

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a few stains on my seats that I can't get clean. I suspect it is sunscreen residue. I've tried Vinyl Sauce with no luck. It does great on he white portions of the seats, but nothing is working on the gray areas. Any suggestions?

image.jpg

image.jpg

That looks like it might be suntan/sunscreen lotion related? If it is you'll need something to breakdown the oils....might try mixing up a tiny bit of Dawn and warm water, suds it up and wash it well and rinse completely...try a test spot first. :cool:

Try Babe's Boat Care Seat Soap

Hit it with some Simple Green and a mild brush.

From the pics it looks like mold growing in whatever organic product that was spilled on the fabric. If the simple green doesn't cut it, I would step up to a cleaner that remives mold. There are many out there that do not contain bleach but sometimes they just don't do the job. I've hit that kind of material with bleach and water and had great results. I would caution you to red the fabric in a hidden area and go easy. Don't slop bleach all over and flush well...really well.

Maybe try a Magic Eraser. Be sure to wipe it down with a clean wet cloth a few times after and a good conditioner/protectant after that.

Back