• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

what grill are you using?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Whats the best grill to get for the boat and what makes it the best?

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Most people seem to favor the Magma line or the less expensive Kuuma (West Marine, I think, stocks both). I went a little bit off the grid with a Dickinson Marine Spitfire 180 (http://dickinsonmarine.com/product/spitfire-180-barbeque/). Made in Canada and solid construction (MUCH better than comparably priced Kuuma, IMHO), but harder to find in the US even though apparently as popular/common in Canada as Magma are here. Plus I was able to get a stunningly good price on it because of a sale and the exchange rate with the Canadian dollar.

Unfortunately, the season conspired against me and I only got a chance to use it once before we had to pack things up for the year. From that single experience, lots of heat, fairly even, though a bit more toward the propane tank side as expected, and it cleaned up very easily. No pictures now but could look around for some...

Dough

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have used a weber q 120 for 3 years on the boat during the summer and at home for the winter. Great grill with cast iron grate. I would buy one again, but it's a weber so I won't have too.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a magma cabo that I got on some sort of Memorial Day special. Works pretty well.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do the magma's not drop on the boat this is my concern?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Coleman: inexpensive (under $70 at Target or Walmart), big grilling area (they make another one that's all grill, no stove for the same price), small enough to fit in every compartment of the boat except the anchor locker, effective oil catch and a storage bag (for another $30) that holds two propane bottles. To put the cost in context the magma level lock mount cost more than the grill so did the pictured filet table.

Cooking BBQ.JPG Cooking station open.JPG

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ronnie Very cool - would you be so kind to share your post/pedestal/installation details?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@swatski , I don't recall all the details but the mounts are standard straight stainless steel rod holders with plastic covers. The filet table is mfg'd by Magma I think and the level lock came pre-installed on it. The level lock on the bbq is attached by sheet metal screws I bought from home depot. I mounted a similar grill on the SX 230 I used to have but used the table legs and locations instead. The bow floor mount in the SX I had to install. If you don't want to do any drilling Magma offers another level lock which friction mounts into the table legs. Here are a few more pics, the ones I could locate anyway. I think my more detailed write ups are on the other site.

BBQ in case.JPG BBQ mount closeup.JPG BBQ rod holder hole.JPG BBQ SX bow.JPG BBQ SX stern.JPG

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Bruce or @CAM212SS is there a simple mount to use to attach it to the table stand at the back of the boat or did you custom make those?

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
for me it was a standard flat mount from JetBoatPilot that is screwed to the bottom of the grill and mounts to the table leg just like the table that comes with the boat

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Probably a stupid question but do those of you that have your grill mounted to the boat have any concerns about the grill being near the boats fuel tank?

BgTravis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We use the Coleman Fold and Go. Bought it on Amazon. We don't mount our grill. It's a small grill and easily fits in any of the compartments. No grease drips or mess. I do put a shallow cookie sheet under it just in case, but it's really just to please my wife. We love it. We also purchased the griddle accessories and love it when we are camping for breakfast.

ChrisM

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I've been looking at grills too, interested in one that mounts to existing swim platform tubular rail. Found the Kuuma line, looking at the 316. Does anyone have that brand?

http://www.kuumaproducts.com/