• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is possible surfing behind a 190/192? Post your setup and pics or vids..

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know these boats put out a cleaner wake than then twin engines due to less jet wash but I'd love to see what people are doing with the 19' boats and how your wake looks for surfing. How much ballast does a 19' boat need and location of the bags? Is ropeless possible?

Here is a quick video I shot of my boat as my father slowly added throttle. I didn't tell him to hold to a specific speed so he slowly planed out. Right around 11-12 MPH the wake looks clean but is it possible to surf that wake with a rope? In reality its a little taller due to wide angle FOV distortion of the GoPro.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I never finished dialing the wake in my 190, wish I did!

Properly tuned - these boats can pull like a mule. Don't believe me? - no problem, check this out, LOL:
Here she goes - 2012 SX190 (with some mods) running w/1,800lbs of ballast:

Must say, it was an interesting experience... The 1800 lbs ballast made the boat sit so low, the rub rail was touching water at the stern...

I had a 550 and a 350 bag on the swim platform, another 550 sitting in the back on the fuel hatch, and a 350 on top on the ski locker. The pictures are awful as my hands were frozen (I was testing in December), but they just give some general idea. (yes, cold air helps, but that is not critical)

--

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ropeless is very possible. Here I am behind @jaybro72 boat with a single 750 fat sac on the seat and 3 people on the inside.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do they make pumps with a pickup you can drop in the water or are all of needing to be plumbed with thru hull fittings, valves and such?

I would be happy to have that wake with a single 750# bag!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep, just listen to @jcyamaharider and do! (he knows what he is doing)

--

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
From the pictures it looked like @swatski had a better wake. They have over the side pumps. Just go to Wakemakers.com and they can get you taken care of.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
His wake looks nice but also a lot of bags and eats up some space on the boat. I think I'll try a single 750 lb and go from there. Thanks guys for chiming in!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
His wake looks nice but also a lot of bags and eats up some space on the boat. I think I'll try a single 750 lb and go from there. Thanks guys for chiming in!
Yes, that was just a testing set up, I was tuning the engine and pump and wanted to see how much ballast I could actually carry and still be able to come up on plane!
I would NOT want to run around with that setup, LOL.

--

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm a bigger guy at 230 lbs so what is a good board for a beginner? My other friends weigh anywhere from 175-200 lbs so if there is a board that could work for all of us that would be great.

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Get a longer board like the Hyperlite Landlock or something similar.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@haknslash just making sure you know we have a 10% discount code for wakemakers in the discount code section under "things to buy". :winkingthumbsup"

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice! Thanks for the heads up @Bill D

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How long does the Elevate turbo pump typically take to fill or drain a 750 lb bag?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just placed my order with wakemakers for the 750 lb fat sac with the 10% discount. Member @jawsf16 had a used Elevate Turbo pump for sale so I bought his. :winkingthumbsup"

Now I just need to find a board! The Hyperlite Landlock has some pretty good reviews about it but it's on backorder with Overton's so I'm going to try and find it somewhere else. Any recommendations?