• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is the best manner in which to.....

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
...get some Dawn dish soap into the clean out ports when flushing?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Get a flush hose(not the cap that comes with boat)
And attach to port and squirt into hose end.
Attach water supply hose and proceed with engine flush

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Shoot it into flush port or into garden hose before tuning water on.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I cut two hoses about 6 feet long, attached them to a Y connector with shut offs for each side, attached the flush adapters to the other ends.
That way I could attach both engines at one time, I didn't run both at the same time, but it made it easy to turn the water off and on to the engines and squirt Dawn down the hose.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Wayloncle that's what my new method will be, double hosing will save me ten minutes - only have to flush two engines at same time, not one at a time. And finish, or course, with 2 minutes of salt away with the salt away contraption. I figured squirting down the hose may just cause it all to soap up the interior of the hose. No? It actually will go in? And why not flush both at same time? Weaker water pressure coming through 2 hoses rather than one?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can flush both at one time as long as you have adequate GPM coming out of your hose.

The soap will foam but it will wash through.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Wayloncle that's what my new method will be, double hosing will save me ten minutes - only have to flush two engines at same time, not one at a time. And finish, or course, with 2 minutes of salt away with the salt away contraption. I figured squirting down the hose may just cause it all to soap up the interior of the hose. No? It actually will go in? And why not flush both at same time? Weaker water pressure coming through 2 hoses rather than one?
When I would do it at the marina I would run both at same time, but my water at the house didn't have enough flow for both IMO, so at home I'd only run one at a time. I flushed for a few minutes on just water then shut turn off the water, squirt soap in the hose and turn it back on (make this even easier with quick disconnects). I let it run until the bubbles were almost gone, probably 3-4 minutes I'm guessing, I never actually timed it.
I never used salt away, I just used the Dawn soap. When I first got the boat I did a lot of reading and talking to the guys at the marina that have been there for years and years, Dawn seemed to do just as good as salt away if not better and much cheaper.
I only boated in salt water for about 2 years, so I don't have a ton of experience, but you can't tell my boat ever saw salt water.