• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What model year did the full lay down seats appear?

kithagen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Hi,
I'm looking at some used 255s and I want to know what model year the full lay down seats on the back appeared. I like the idea of a sun deck on the back. I have talked to a 2019 owner who said his only adjusted to a different tilt position, they didn't lay flat. I've looked an unused 2022 and it has seats that fully folded down. Does anyone know what model year it was made available? Or was is a custom option on some boats and not others?

Thanks.

blthlt

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
It's called the Versa Lounge. It was an option. I have it and wish I didn't. It's not really that big, 1 adult maybe can lay across it but then you're in the way of everyone else getting on/off the boat. When it's laid flat the step to get into the boat is very high. I'd trade someone my lounge seats for their non lounge if they had yellow/grey impulse interior.

kithagen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
It's called the Versa Lounge. It was an option. I have it and wish I didn't. It's not really that big, 1 adult maybe can lay across it but then you're in the way of everyone else getting on/off the boat. When it's laid flat the step to get into the boat is very high. I'd trade someone my lounge seats for their non lounge if they had yellow/grey impulse interior.
Ah! Thanks for the clarification. Do you know what year it became an option?