• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What mods should I do?

JPersichetti

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2018 Yamaha AR190 and want to know what upgrades I should do for wakeboarding and wake surfing. Want to get the best wakes possible. Send your recommendations, links, products etc.

Already did stereo with tower speakers so don’t need anything audio.

Planning to do some type of GPS speed control, want recommendations on that, ballast options, board racks, mirror and some type of surf wedge. Like the wakebooster but Yamahas site says it only fits 2019 and newer. Does anyone know if it fits on the 2018?

Griswold

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2018 Yamaha AR190 and want to know what upgrades I should do for wakeboarding and wake surfing. Want to get the best wakes possible. Send your recommendations, links, products etc.

Already did stereo with tower speakers so don’t need anything audio.

Planning to do some type of GPS speed control, want recommendations on that, ballast options, board racks, mirror and some type of surf wedge. Like the wakebooster but Yamahas site says it only fits 2019 and newer. Does anyone know if it fits on the 2018?
Perfect pass is the only GPS-oriented application that’s been proven to do the job...no brainer there IMO. Any aluminum board racks on Amazon with good reviews will do the trick. They angle of attack for the wake booster is influenced by the way the loops on the bottom of the boat are mounted. There’s a fella on here that says he tried it and it worked but only after some Jerry-rigging. Suggestion is a fat sac on the corner of the boat you’ll have the rider on and then a suction-mounted wake-shaper on the opposite side to keep the 2 waves from converging.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

JPersichetti

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got my Thrust Vector Wake from @JetBoatPilot ordered as well as my board rack and perfect pass. Going to get those installed first then move on to ballast. Looking at doing combo of lead shot ballast and the custom transom ballast. Was going to do all lead shot but don't want all that weight in the boat all the time nor do I want to be loading it in and out all the time.

Can I do the lucky 13 on AR190? I was reading somewhere it was only for the 192 and 195's.

Gonna get the boat out for some fun use this weekend before the new parts come in. Will get them installed and hopefully ready to go before the next outing. Will make next round of purchases after a couple days out with these upgrades.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can I do the lucky 13 on AR190? I was reading somewhere it was only for the 192 and 195's.
You should be able to do the Lucky 13 cone. @swatski did it on his 190 if I recall correctly. It's a 155mm pump, sand size as the 240/242 models and there's plenty of guys out there running them.

There was however some debate on doing them with the Thrust Vector Wakes. I few experienced bent bolts. I'm not sure if that's been remedied. Best check with JBP on that one.