• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

what size amp to run 6 - 6.5 kicker speakers?

MacAR210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not very audio savvy so I'm not sure what size amp I need to run my speaker setup. I just bought 6 kicker 6.5 speakers rated at 65W RMS and 190 MAX. 4 will be in the boat, and 2 will be in the wake tower in cans. The boat currently has a Rockford fosgate amp but it is tiny. I don't think it will push all 6 speakers loudly. Not going to add a sub or anything like that, just want a setup that is nice and clear. What size amp/brand do you guys recommend and what is the best bang for my buck? Should I spring for a 6 channel amp or can I get away with a 4 channel?

feziwig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
100 watts per speaker would work well. Ideally a 600x6. I have 6 JL 6.5s with a JL 10 sub. They are powered by an 800x8. 1 channel for each speaker and the last 2 bridged for the sub. Not cheap, but sound quality, durability, fit/finish is worth it. Having separate zones for the tower vs in the boat is nice too. In case you wanna blast the tower speakers so they can hear on a wakeboard but not have it blaring in the boat.

MacAR210

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ended up just buying a Pyle 600 watt 6 channel amp for $70 on eBay. Will see how it turns out. Don’t need anything too high powered since I’m not pushing any dubs or anything. I’ll give an update once I get everything installed!

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Post your results when complete

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had a couple Pyle 400s in my old boat. Worked great for one season each. Salt water.