• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What trim tabs fits a Yamaha 242LSE

HustlerByNS

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
I took my boat to the Yamaha dealer to install trim tabs so he purchased the pictured here, after 2 weeks he told me it won’t work! Can someone help me select good trim for the boat so i can get it before these guys damage the boat ?

Attachments

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That is a crappy dealer! There are a few good threads here on the trim tabs. Maybe some our members who have installed them can chime in.

Dumbassbass

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Port Clinton, Ohio - Western Basin Lake Erie
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just call Lectrotab their great and will walk you through it.
Russ is your guy at Lectrotab, he'll get you set up proper as well as has GREAT customer service.

Be sure to check out the ALC auto-level control: set the boats desired attitude once (easily btw) and whatever the condition or side to side load it will automatically level. No more "hey dude switch sides" or playing with the tabs manually needed.

Last edited:

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Going to be ordering from Lectrotab in a couple of weeks myself.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Lectrotabs were one of the best things I've ever done to my 242 LSE. I've had three Yamahas and I wish I had seen the light a lot sooner

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
L
I took my boat to the Yamaha dealer to install trim tabs so he purchased the pictured here, after 2 weeks he told me it won’t work! Can someone help me select good trim for the boat so i can get it before these guys damage the boat ?
Aloha @HustlerByNS if you haven’t bought or made up your mind yet I can tell you from personal experience that Lecrotabs is the ONLY way to go. The kit that they sell for our boats were specifically designed for them, not a universal kit. @swatski helped them with the R&D on these kits, and I can tell you first hand on how it’s a game changer. Especially if you’re going to do any OPEN OCEAN activities, I believe they even nicknamed the kit the “Marriage Saver” or something like that lol. Just to let you know I live in Kauai, Hawaii. We have and are know for our rough waters. I take out AR240 everywhere, even shooting across to Ni’ihau and Lehua Rock. Just my 2cents, but still feel this should be the first mod done to your Yammy.

Rueben

HustlerByNS

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Speedster
Boat Length
L

Aloha @HustlerByNS if you haven’t bought or made up your mind yet I can tell you from personal experience that Lecrotabs is the ONLY way to go. The kit that they sell for our boats were specifically designed for them, not a universal kit. @swatski helped them with the R&D on these kits, and I can tell you first hand on how it’s a game changer. Especially if you’re going to do any OPEN OCEAN activities, I believe they even nicknamed the kit the “Marriage Saver” or something like that lol. Just to let you know I live in Kauai, Hawaii. We have and are know for our rough waters. I take out AR240 everywhere, even shooting across to Ni’ihau and Lehua Rock. Just my 2cents, but still feel this should be the first mod done to your Yammy.

Rueben
thank you i actually did go with the Lectrotabs, and took the boat to Bahamas from Miami last week and i tell you WORTH EVERY PENNY

see photo

Attachments

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
thank you i actually did go with the Lectrotabs, and took the boat to Bahamas from Miami last week and i tell you WORTH EVERY PENNY

see photo
Agreed!! If I had known that they made that much of a difference I would have purchased these a long time ago.