• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What Wakeboard Racks are yall using on 2010-2014 242 Limited S towers?

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What Wakeboard Racks are yall using on 2010-2014 242 Limited S towers?

I would really like to find some that wrap around the cross bars.. and not look like tacked on crap..

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I have the Samson racks. I think they look pretty good. I think the cross bar may be too troublesome to get the boards in and out. If I purchased again I would def get one that swivels. Here is a pic just so you can reference the look of the location.

image.jpg

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have basically the same one except that it swivels. I'll try to take a picture this weekend when I'm out.

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have one monster rack, others from our AR wouldn't fit the larger diameter tower.

rocknracing

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg We have the swivel Samson racks. One wake/surf that we have had for 3 years which still looks new and one wake/surf/wake that we Just ordered so hoping to have it next week. They are not cheap but well worth it. Here are some pictures of our wake/surf on port side.

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would be interested in any others who can comment on the racks they are using? We have a double wakeboard rack (Monster) that is quick release and we like it, but I need a surf/kneeboard combo rack for the other side. Ordered two and one was too big for the surfboard, the latter was too small for the kneeboard. Whichever rack we go with has to either swivel or be quick release to fit in my garage.

betterwhenitswetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You guys do realize YAMAHA makes racks for your boat, and Will, from jetboat pilot sales them, and ebay, Yamaha sports plaza, etc....
swivel is just awesome, so much better than the standard ones, now I don't stand on my seats, and they fold inwards, for easy removability, for highway driving, & clearing the house since my driveway is very close at one point.

https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/details/removable-deluxe-swivel-wakeboard-rack?b=Boat&d=13|13

I have them for my older AR230 different part number as I have 1 7/8" OD tower, the fit and finish are top notch.

OH SNAP!!! LED Yamaha wakeboard racks, hmmm this gives me some ideas....

https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/details/led-wakeboard-rack?b=Boat&d=13|13&f=2009|96&dealernumber=

Last edited:

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have the Yamaha rack and it works great for wakeboards. The only issue is it only fits smaller surf boards.

Thor

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What is the tower tube diameter for a 2013 Limited S?
I would check myself but the boat is currently stored about 3.5 hour drive from my home.
Thanks

rocknracing

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It should be 2 3/8 which is what my 2012 Limited S is.

Thor

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks!

Thor

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I would be interested in any others who can comment on the racks they are using? We have a double wakeboard rack (Monster) that is quick release and we like it, but I need a surf/kneeboard combo rack for the other side. Ordered two and one was too big for the surfboard, the latter was too small for the kneeboard. Whichever rack we go with has to either swivel or be quick release to fit in my garage.

Craig, I am also looking to buy two racks, one wake-wake, the other wake-surf. Was the monster wake-surf rack too big for your wakesurf board? I have a Ronix Koalfish Longboard.

The price on the monster rack is good compared to other racks. The Samson seems to be the best quality, but I dont want to throw down because I plan to trade in for a new 2018 Yamaha in few years.