• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What were the pre-2016 release incentives last year? Pull trigger now or wait for 2017?

R00st

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We have negotiated a deal of 54k out the door on a 2016 ar240. We have 8% tax, plus license in there as well, so pre tax price of ~49k which seems fair.

My wife is ready to pull he trigger but I am hesitant, wanting to see what 2017 holds. I would definitely consider a redesigned 212x (or whatever 21-22 footer replaces it, if speculation holds true) due to the updated technology and faster boat being that the power is pushing less weight. The downside to waiting is potentially losing the ar240 incentives. If the boat industry is anything like the auto/bike/quad industry, Im Assuming the incentives will get better for August 1 (after current incentives expire and just before the dealer show) but that is obviously an unknoen, as is the supply of ar240's.

Does anyone recall what the incentives were this time last year, and what they switched to post dealer show? The 2.99% on the 24 footers is great, but I don't want to regret not pulling the trigger.

Also, where does everyone shop for boat loans if I decide whatever the new 212x boat is what we want, and I! Assuming yammy won't offer incentives? I asked at my bank today and was told 7-10% regardless of new or used, only up to 10 years. That's ridiculous but falls in line with their historically high rates, which is why my mortgages are elsewhere. Should i try the local credit unions? What rates are the norm for an 800 credit score over 15 years?

Thanks everybody. I hope to be joining you soon, and selling my current boat, aptly named "mistake" once she is repaired. [First boat ever purchased was a 2002 seadoo utopia 4 months ago. Ran great at testing, and once at home and died in the water the 2nd time we took her out...not fun with a 4 year old and angry wife on board!]

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's a great price on the ar240 I think. Check credit unions. I hit 2% 15 year on a used boat through one of my credit unions.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@R00st Where you offered any additional warranty, through the dealer or yamaha? where are you located?
Our best quote for a 2016 AR240 was 52k but it was a bit unclear if everything was in it. However, a free 4 year warranty was included, and is on the table till the end of the month. We are cash buyers, but that does not seem to matter as far as the price. They had only 3 units, one sold yesterday, so there are two left. No more inventory before 2017s come out, per the dealer. ( st. Charles boat and motor, STL)
I am kind of thinking along the same lines as you are - don't want to regret not pulling the trigger.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@R00st - We bought our 242 in March of last year, just before their "start of season" boat show. We qualified for the 2.99 and they gave us a 5 year warranty (1yr + 4yr YES). I also made sure they included the proper anchor and the required USCG kit. Additionally I worked in that ALL accessories purchased at time of delivery would be at cost plus 10%. (Highly, HIGHLY recommend the premium Yamaha boat cover)

R00st

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@jawsf16 I agree its a good price. I am still tempted to wait until the dealer show in a few weeks, hoping and assuming the deals only get better for the month of August, since the 2.99% + warranty ends 7/31.

@swatski That does include the +4 years of YES which I failed to mention- further increasing the value of the deal. We are in Northern IL with one dealer that is 1.5 hours away. The next closest dealers are both 2.5/3 hours away. Which color are you looking for? Nielsens (who I have been working with thus far) traded out their blue ar240 the day before we came in 2 weeks ago (argh!) and only have a white/green one in stock. They said they can get either the blue or the gray, so im guessing its from one of the other 3 hour away dealers.

@Bennie it sounds like they run 2.99% pretty often on the 24 footers at least. I will definitely try to work that deal on accessories. When you say the Yamaha cover- is that the Mooring cover (that is ~$800 retail)? The shipping cover looks crappy so I definitely want to invest in a nice cover. It will be stored in my heated shop but there are still plenty of spiders to stain the vinyl!

So far I am leaning toward waiting until the dealer show and risking losing the ability to buy a 2016 and possibly losing incentives. I dont want to regret not waiting and miss out on a potentially really cool redesign of the 212 (or possibly intro of an all new boat replacing the 212). I have a feeling the AR240 wont change a bit since it was just redesigned in 2015. I really wish yamaha kept some sporty colors for the AR240 but I am guessing they toned them down to push people toward the 242 X. I really like the light blue of the 2015 and the graphics package it has- it looks how a sporty boat should!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@R00st - Yes their premium Yamaha cover. I left that crapy white shipping cover at the dealers.

That premium cover is worth every penny. Got ours at $600 with the deal I mentioned above.

R00st

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks @Bennie, I will definitely negotiate the premium cover!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jawsf16 I agree its a good price. I am still tempted to wait until the dealer show in a few weeks, hoping and assuming the deals only get better for the month of August, since the 2.99% + warranty ends 7/31.

@swatski That does include the +4 years of YES which I failed to mention- further increasing the value of the deal. We are in Northern IL with one dealer that is 1.5 hours away. The next closest dealers are both 2.5/3 hours away. Which color are you looking for? Nielsens (who I have been working with thus far) traded out their blue ar240 the day before we came in 2 weeks ago (argh!) and only have a white/green one in stock. They said they can get either the blue or the gray, so im guessing its from one of the other 3 hour away dealers.

@Bennie it sounds like they run 2.99% pretty often on the 24 footers at least. I will definitely try to work that deal on accessories. When you say the Yamaha cover- is that the Mooring cover (that is ~$800 retail)? The shipping cover looks crappy so I definitely want to invest in a nice cover. It will be stored in my heated shop but there are still plenty of spiders to stain the vinyl!

So far I am leaning toward waiting until the dealer show and risking losing the ability to buy a 2016 and possibly losing incentives. I dont want to regret not waiting and miss out on a potentially really cool redesign of the 212 (or possibly intro of an all new boat replacing the 212). I have a feeling the AR240 wont change a bit since it was just redesigned in 2015. I really wish yamaha kept some sporty colors for the AR240 but I am guessing they toned them down to push people toward the 242 X. I really like the light blue of the 2015 and the graphics package it has- it looks how a sporty boat should!
Thanks @R00st. My fav color would be the white with black bottom, but I could live with a different color scheme.
I agree that the 2017 AR240 will be the same, they may get seadek treatment but that's about it.

I really do not know what to do... My dealer actually called this morning and they still have the white ar240 (my fav) and would sell it to me for 51k OTD. Which is crazy good, really. I have some history with this dealer, and they are super solid.

There are just some things I love about 2016s. And a bunch of things not too crazy about...
Call me nuts, but I'm actually kind-a-considering maybe even going back to something like a nice 232 Limited S (2009s)... But that is for a different thread, LOL.

Please keep us posted, very helpful information.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@R00st If you need to spend a little time on a Yamaha before making a purchase, let me know. I'm in Elgin IL and just had our Saturday friends cancel. PM me if you are interested.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@R00st The current incentive 2.9 + 4 years Y.E.S is usually what their best offer of the season is. Once the 17's get announced usually the 2.9% + Y.E.S will be reserved for 16 model years only and it will be 4.9% with no extended warranty on the 17's. So yes it will be offered again this year likely but you wont see it on 17 models till well into next year and probably wont see it offered on 17 model 21 foot boats till November of next year just as a guess when the 18's are getting ready start hitting show room floors. As mentioned above check your local credit unions on rates but the normal is 5-10% I did get 1,9% for 5 years from my credit union.

R00st

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@swatski what is your tax rate down there? 51k OTD is a fantastic deal. If I could get that on an AR240 up here It would be in my garage. I am at 54k right now OTD @ 8% tax, including registration. Its funny you mention an older boat. The frugal side of me says to buy a 2010-2013 used 230 as well and save a huge chunk of change, seeing as how those have done the bulk of their depreciating already. Plus, I wont cry when a 5 year old boat gets a scratch, as it will already have a few of those lol.

@buckbuck I appreciate the offer! We have been on my friends SX230ho a few times and that is what attracted me to the yammy's. We have a pretty busy weekend but we should definitely connect up sometime, id love to hear the good boating spots around here.

@robert843 I agree there is no way they will offer 2.99 on the new boats. My thinking is that if the 212 redesign/replacement (should it happen), or possible upgrades on the AR240's (unlikely) might be so great it would be worth waiting for a 2017 @ a higher price and APR versus the 2016's. As much as I like speed and would definitely appreciate the extra acceleration and slight top speed increase of a smaller boat with the same powertrain, I also don't want to regret not getting the 24' for the added space. We are now 10 days away from the August incentives release so at this point, unless the new 212x is amazing, I am hedging my bet that the 2.99 + 4 years of YES is continued and hopefully the 2017 announcement helps me negotiate a 2016 AR240 even further.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last year in October Charleston power sports was going to sell me a 2015 ar 240 for 49k otd tax is only $300 here though. So u may see better pricing once the 2017's hit

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski 51k OTD is a fantastic deal. If I could get that on an AR240 up here It would be in my garage.
I know...
and it gets even better..., but i can't really talk about it.
--

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just purchased a 2016 SX240 but was torn between it and the 212ss. In the end the 24ft boat enticed me as I figured it would provide more boating opportunities for me. It also had all the latest gizmos and gadgets. It came down to this - I basically got a 24ft boat that was newly designed for the same price of a 21 ft boat because of the financing structure. I think I was lucky to find the SX in my area.