• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What would you do?

should I get a gently used scarab, or a new yamaha

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

charlo177

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello everyone,
I have been a member for a couple of weeks, and have been peeking a couple more then that. I have owned several boats to include pontoons, and im in the market right now for a new/used boat. I have somewhat dialed it down to boats that are nestled among the members of this forum. I and my 13 yr old son love to fish. My wife on the other hand could care less about what is biting unless it mosquitos. I have been staring at the fsh 210 and love the boat, I also love the 255 open from scarab. i have seen boats out there from scarab that are gently used for mid 70's and that is within grasp. I would however save a tremendous amount by going with the yamaha. If only they made that 24 fsh! i really love the additional space for lounging or for extra kids on the scarab. I also love the look on the open id series. so the question is in the pole.

Franced123

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I too wanted a fsh210 at first until I took a ride in a 223vrx. I had ar240 in the past. Yamaha is real good, I have no experience with scarab but really like the flat back seats on those.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Rumor mill has suggested that there will be a 24' FSH for 2021. Mentioned in another thread. Again who knows. But we should know in another month or so. If you can wait, may be a good bet.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yamaha FTW
/Thread

The Scarab is undoubtedly eye candy until you have to deal with Sea Doo. I am not hating but Chaparral who uses Vortex(Sea Doo) is moving on iirc from other thread
They have a carbon seal between motor PTO and pump that if misaligned or worn will cause water to leak in. Yamaha has a sealed bearing.
I never have liked all the fancy digital stuff that seems to plague most new boats. Yamaha Connect is one of them.

I only had requirement boat fit in garage and be the NA 1.8.

charlo177

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
its hard to find info on the scarab, at least as much as the yamaha but the yamaha's do sound like a tank. Ive been researching for about 2 months and have found a few negatives on both boats. take into consideration the measure of proportionate stories is very one sided. I have a itch, but may hold off until yamaha anounces new lineup. a 24 would check all the boxes.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Not sure where you are boating, but IF I was looking at a mid $70k center console it would not be a Scarab, not by a freaking mile. That's Robalo money right there. In the upper $40's where the 210 FSH is now, you are in a much better spot. My vote is Yamaha.