• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What you guys think? Roller, bunk or posts?

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Considering adding some loading assistanceosts to the trailer of my 255 in the form of bunks, rollers or posts...have any experience with any of them? Which one you prefer?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought a new traiker last year. It came with the posts. I am at about 50% on liking them / not. Although they so help u see the angel if the trailer in the water if it is a bit dark the slightest touch while loading and your bow will move to the side and possiably miss the bunks. You also habe to buy padded covers for them or else it will mark up the sides of your boat. But the di help my wife keep the trailer straight once it goes under water.

Pirana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I like the idea that the post do help with backing the trailer into position...and should help with lining up the boat or at least holding the rear of the boat on windy conditions. But I think the bunks should be better at holding straight the boat but a little worried about scuffing.

Last edited:

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have posts on my trailer. If you go that route, get the tallest ones possible. If I'm at a steep ramp, my shorter posts (like 36"?) are too low to be of any help and only mar the hull if they're contacted. Mine have the LEDs on the top and I really like that when I'm towing as well as backing down the trailer at night. I also have the landing strip LEDs on the trailer, so when loading the boat, the poles don't really provide any benefit.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
x3 on the posts. The first time you miss the bunks, you will regret not having them.

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
We added trailer guide poles last year after our boat was blown off course during the approach and wound up going over the metal "End of ramp" sign that sits a few feet from the trailer. A huge gust came in as I was idling to the trailer. As soon as I was a few feet away, I got blown into the sign. $500 worth of gelcoat damage. The poles make it easy to hit the trailer and not the fenders and also keeps the rear from swaying on rough or windy days.

For just about $100 (pole, covers, and lights) you have some nice protection.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The older Scarab trailers came with some cheesy bunks that did their job, but deteriorated very fast. Im actually glad to see the new trailers without them. Gives you a chance to either have them or not, and if you decide to get them, choose the ones that will work better for your situation.

Personally, I love the post type with the covers. I think they are aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, and wont get in the way when your trying to wax the boat.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just a tip for everyone without guides,....leave some of the trailer bunks exposed out of the water and use them as a guide. The bow can't go any farther as it will hit the bunks and align the boat to power up the rest of the way----have the wifey hook the strap and give a few cranks, and you're done. The other piece of advice is to be patient with your boat while loading on the trailer. IE: Use the wind as power instead of throttle, less is more in other words. If you bury the trailer,...good luck with that event.

Last edited: