• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

What's behind here?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
2015+ 24' head storage compartment

What's behind the black vertical area shown here? (And, for that matter, the white part below)
IMG_1724-2.jpg

I'd like to hang my table legs there (if they'll fit), like @Ronnie did here:
510317E8-879B-492C-A412-0DA0E1CD8EA0.jpeg

Using these clips, as mentioned recently.

Thanks to @Shookie and @Ronnie for use of their pics. :)

Or, would it be ok to mount those clips on the forward side of the head compartment? I'm having trouble visualizing that wall right now. Isn't it covered with some sort of upholstery. I'm thinking forward wall, right (starboard) side of the head compartment. And, hanging table legs vertically?

@BigAbe75 , if the black area you circled is the shelf in the head compartment there is dead air behind it until the inside side wall of the hull. You can get a good look at how much space there is before the hull by removing the aft paneled wall in the head compartment. I have not put any screws in the wall under the shelf but don’t think it would a problem to do so, especially on the higher part of the wall where there is more space before the hull. You will feel it when you drill through the first wall. One way to check the available depth is to drill a small hole and use a spaghetti noodle as a ruler.

As for the forward and after paneled walls in the head compartment. In the first gen 240s like mine, the panels are mounted to two pieces of wood less than 2” thick, if you drill any further (plus the thickness of the panel itself (.5”) and you risk screwing into the back of the bow seat or the wall infront of the copilot. The panels themselves are plywood so they make good mounting points as well.

Last edited:
@BigAbe75 , if the black area you circled is the shelf in the head compartment there is dead air behind it until the inside side wall of the hull. You can get a good look at how much space there is before the hull by removing the aft paneled wall in the head compartment. I have not put any screws in the wall under the shelf but don’t think it would a problem to do so, especially on the higher part of the wall where there is more space before the hull. You will feel it when you drill through the first wall. One way to check the available depth is to drill a small hole and use a spaghetti noodle as a ruler.

As for the forward and after paneled walls on the head compartment. In the first gen 240s like mine, the panels are mounted to two prices of wood less than 2” thick., fo any further and you risk screwing into the back of the bow seat of the wall infront of the copilot. The panels themselves are plywood so they make good mounting points as well.

Yes, that's the shelf. I was thinking it had to be dead air for quite a ways... so I'm thinking mounting there will be fine. But, I haven't tried to hold the legs in place to see if that face is big enough for 2 legs.

How long of a screw do you recommend for those clips? If I decide to go with the forward wall? I just now ordered 4 of those clips, so I'm not quite ready to drill holes, yet. :)

Good luck!

Back