• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

what's the best application to patch a hole in the tube

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
just what the title says. Once a tube get a hole in it, I normally just pitch in and buy a new one. I've never really had any luck with a patch holding on towable tube. I wanna see what options I have before I pitch it

by the way they no longer make this tube. they do have some replacement bladders but they are out of stock and no longer make the bladder I need

Throw it away.

Walmart sells tube patches with glue at a fairly low price and worth trying.

I just had the same thing happen. For the cheap $5 patch kit, I figured I'll try it. IT WORKED !!!

I had a 3/8" tear at a seam to repair. I liberally applied glue to the patch, which was cut about 2" larger all around the hole. I applied this to the hole. Clamped it between 2 - 2x4's and let sit overnight.

We have been out now twice and the tube is holding tight. :winkingthumbsup"

Just to give someone else another option I went to Walmart and purchased shoe goo. I found a video on youtube. It worked awesome. I put some of the Goo over the holes and on the patch. Press them firmly together then then use the spoon in starting in the middle and work my way out. I added more goo on the top of the patch and work from the center to the edges and I let dry. I plan on adding one more layer of Goo to make sure the edges are completely down. when I take it out and use the tube I will let you know how the patch held up.

Why not use a bike tube patch?

Something like this Rema TT-02 Standard Patch Kit

41LTdPInH2L._SP160,160,0,T_.jpg

But available for less at Walmart.

Those tube are made of vinyl so a rubber tire tube kit won't work. I have had huge success in patching those vinyl inflatables. You can buy the kit but what I have been doing is cutting patches out of defunct water toys (our dead 3 man tube supplied a lifetime of patches) and then buying the glue tube separately. All the patches have held for years. I have a seadoo tube that has 10 or 11 patches on it - yeah its time for the dumpster as the vinyl appears to be failing since we get a new hole every time we use it. Anyway try it since it is cheap, easy and works. Cam.

Back