• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What's the best dual battery kit?

2021SX190

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm waiting on my 2021 SX 190 to show up at the dealer so in the mean time I'm rounding up everything I need to get it ready for the water. I ordered my sea dek and all of my stereo components and now I need a dual battery set up. Any suggestions on a good kit. Not sure if there is much of a difference in ease of installation or quality between them. Thanks

Okay thanks. So you just add the battery, cables and battery tray with this kit?

No this is just the Duel Battery Switch and Auto Charge relay.
I also Purchased Cables, Tray, Buss Bar, and Battery all separately.
If you are doing the install yourself you need to piece it together. Most available at the local Auto/Marine parts store or Online.
Short of paying someone to take care of it, I wasn't able to find an all one kit. I even made a few of my own cables.

I'm waiting on my 2021 SX 190 to show up at the dealer so in the mean time I'm rounding up everything I need to get it ready for the water. I ordered my sea dek and all of my stereo components and now I need a dual battery set up. Any suggestions on a good kit. Not sure if there is much of a difference in ease of installation or quality between them. Thanks
Have you looked into keel guard also? I had my dealer install mine.

Okay thanks. So you just add the battery, cables and battery tray with this kit?

Best to piece it together. Everyone's boats are different and organized a bit different. For instance I am putting it multiple batteries and a charger and I am test fitting everything then measuring length for cables and such so I have everything nice and neat in my use case. a lot of people put their trays in different locations for additional batteries as well as some like enclosed as other like them open. I would test fit the batteries, charger if you are getting one and everything else and then get clean length cables.

I thought the dual batteries and associated switch is part of the dealer install and included in the prep fee? Otherwise, what the heck do they charge outrageous $2k to $3k prep fees for? Fill the engines with oil?

I thought the dual batteries and associated switch is part of the dealer install and included in the prep fee? Otherwise, what the heck do they charge outrageous $2k to $3k prep fees for? Fill the engines with oil?

Not in my boat, it only came with one battery. I don't have one of those Yamaha's with the fancy trim level :)

No this is just the Duel Battery Switch and Auto Charge relay.
I also Purchased Cables, Tray, Buss Bar, and Battery all separately.
If you are doing the install yourself you need to piece it together. Most available at the local Auto/Marine parts store or Online.
Short of paying someone to take care of it, I wasn't able to find an all one kit. I even made a few of my own cables.
Ok
Have you looked into keel guard also? I had my dealer install mine.

Yes I looked at those as well. I was thinking of doing a keel gaurd but wondered if it changed the way the boat handled. I was tying to find more information on it. I'm also looking for the bow filler cushions but I can't find them. I guess I'll have to check the dealer

Ok

Yes I looked at those as well. I was thinking of doing a keel gaurd but wondered if it changed the way the boat handled. I was tying to find more information on it. I'm also looking for the bow filler cushions but I can't find them. I guess I'll have to check the dealer
I couldn't say if the boat handles differently with or without the keel guard. I had mine installed by the dealer. I do have some nice scrapes in mine and my lake is almost all sand so I hit a rock beaching somewhere.

I just installed this one over the last couple days.
The 120

I added inline circuit breakers, a positive Buss Bar and a Negative buss bar to keep it clean as well as an additional Fuse Block on top right for future expansion. Made all the cables myself for all the custom lengths.

Also I guess I could have made it cleaner with an additional Buss bar for Battery 2 Positive but I ran out of room in space I wanted to put it in.

i highly recommend the buss bars otherwise you will be tying things directly on Battery Terminals. which gets gangly quick.

Amazon.com: Blue Sea Systems 7650 Add-A-Battery Kit, Beige (7650-BSS): Sports & Outdoors

Full write up and the path I took and materials list is here.

Wiring and Battery Addition | JetBoaters.net - The World's Largest Jet Boat Forum!

20210427_213604.jpg

Last edited:

Attachments

• 6E30C6F7-AF68-4C4A-AB71-A1F0ABD4EE32.jpeg
    6E30C6F7-AF68-4C4A-AB71-A1F0ABD4EE32.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
Back