• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Whats up Everyone!

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just wanted to say whats up! I know I have been gone for sometime. Looks like my inbox was pretty full of questions and stuff I never got to. I apologize folks.

Im glad the forum has grown and matured with the leadership of the admins and moderators. This place rocks.

Just as an FYI... I just got a new (to me) 2022 Yamaha AR195. Looking forward to chatting with everyone! IMG_5088.jpg

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
First outing was good. I can tell you this boat has no where near the slow speed maneuverability as my old Scarab. I spent all day practicing docking, approach, and low speed turning.
The interior space this boat has compared to the Scarab is unbelievable. And its very fast!

I went ahead and purchased the whole steering kit from Jetboatpilot to get a little more control. Hopefully it helps.

Also, the controls are reversed from the Rotax powered boats in reverse and neutral. That has taken me the longest to get used to. IMG_5125.JPGIMG_5123.JPG

steelhorse454

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Scarab Mike-

I went with the cobra jet steering for my AR195 as they are aluminum and more solid. They helped but the boat still takes getting used to around the dock with wind, currents, etc.
Question, do you have to pull your seat off the post to turn it to the table? Thanks in advance.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Scarab Mike-

I went with the cobra jet steering for my AR195 as they are aluminum and more solid. They helped but the boat still takes getting used to around the dock with wind, currents, etc.
Question, do you have to pull your seat off the post to turn it to the table? Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the advice Steel. I ended up going with the whole Jetboatpilot kit. As far as spinning the chair, I just pulled the lever under the base and it let me do it. One side is slide front to back, the other side of the lever lets you spin the chair.

steelhorse454

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks Mike. Yes i knew the 2 operations of the chair, but mine will not turn all the way around. Most likely the floor mount is wrong as my chair hits the dash.
I'm sure quality control issue at the factory....Arrg !