• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What's up Wedowee

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
So, We've been over at Lake West Point, Ga for the last 3 season's and decided it was time for a change and moved the boat over to Wedowee, AL.

Have her in dry storage at the new Wedowee Marine South. So far yesterday those guys and gals were great to work with. Not use to the level of service they provide but I'm sure I can get use to it.

So, with a Yamaha dealer at that marine I have to say it was very very nice seeing all those Yamaha's out on the water yesterday. I've been the only one on West Point since we started boating.

Just wanted to give a shout out to anyone on the forum that boats there. I see only 3 guys with Wedowee listed on their profile, @Ljapilot @Roadapple @Adam Moody, which is amazingly low considering all the Yamaha's out there.

If anyone has any special heads up or suggestions on places to go, let me know...

Cheers

Last edited:

Ljapilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You will like wedowee. Nice clean lake that isn't overcrowded yet.

We put in at Lonnie white boat ramp. Only two spots we really go to on the lake. Flat rock park. You can park the boat and walk around. During the week we take the kids to play but during the weekend was pretty crowded. Lakeside up near wedowee marina north. Only place on the water to eat that I know of.

I heard wedowee south is getting a restaurant.

I'm the blue SX230. Normally only at the lake during the week. Occasional weekend.

@flyingnugget see you on the water sometime.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
join us on Alabama Jet Boaters facebook page!

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@blacksapphirez ... Thanks for the FB reminder... Request sent : )

@Ljapilot ... We were tubing over in that area near Flat Rock Park( I assume thats what the park was). Yes, it was pretty crowded. Is that park/point solid rock or something. Honestly it looks pretty ugly. We thought there had been a flash fire or something from the way the grounds looked lol zero grass/vegetation.

Lake seemed very nice and clean. We only had about 4hrs out playing on it. I haven't heard of Lakeside restaurant. But we've only been out on the lake 1x so far : )

I think Wedowee south is getting one. There was an area inside the main building that had a bar and stools as well as a patio area outside that was under construction. Dont think it will be finished this summer though. It would be nice if they had a restaurant.

I'll be looking for your Blue SX230 (love that color) . I'm a black 242LS with grey bimini and a white Jetboaters.net flag flying. We are usually a weekday boater also, but school is starting Friday in GA (way to early IMHO) and will now be out on the weekends and holiday's : ( The wife and will probably get out once in a while while kids are in school..lol

Roadapple

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
THX for the shoutout. We live on the lake near mike marker #3. Enjoying our new 190 FSH Sport and VX jet ski. There are lots of Yamaha owners, but many do not participate on the forum for some reason. Lots of good info here. Don't tell anyone about Lake Wedowee, it's Alabamas best kept secret.

flyingnugget

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@Roadapple ... Will do bud.. I wont tell anyone : )

Got a look at the FSH's at the marine showroom and man...I really like that boat. Hope you are enjoying it.

I'll keep an eye for ya if i can ever find mile marker 3 lol

Cheers

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
So, We've been over at Lake West Point, Ga for the last 3 season's and decided it was time for a change and moved the boat over to Wedowee, AL.

Have her in dry storage at the new Wedowee Marine South. So far yesterday those guys and gals were great to work with. Not use to the level of service they provide but I'm sure I can get use to it.

So, with a Yamaha dealer at that marine I have to say it was very very nice seeing all those Yamaha's out on the water yesterday. I've been the only one on West Point since we started boating.

Just wanted to give a shout out to anyone on the forum that boats there. I see only 3 guys with Wedowee listed on their profile, @Ljapilot @Roadapple @Adam Moody, which is amazingly low considering all the Yamaha's out there.

If anyone has any special heads up or suggestions on places to go, let me know...

Cheers
I was on a work trip last year and had a chance to swing by Wedowee. I was really impressed, the people were great!