• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where can i get a new ladder latch?

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine is barely hanging on...ladder latch.jpg

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got one from my dealer. They were in stock.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
UGH!!! Windline wants $7.75 for shipping! Guess mine will stay broken for the next owner to deal with.....or I will do this (credit to @cwoav8r ): http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-12-in-Canopy-Tarp-Ties-8-Pack-JB3V430N/100401411
I put a canopy strap on my boat this year and I love it. It's yellow and easy to find and the ball on the end is easy to grab. The one I put on at the beginning of the year held up great and the price for the whole pack was cheaper than one latch.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I did exactly what @Murf'n'surf suggested except I got mine at Harbor Freight Tools. I like it better than the OEM as it's easier to use, much cheaper and you get several so you have replacements although mine has lasted for 3 seasons.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Perfect thanks for the info

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
added to the FAQ under "ladders", thanks for the links,

windline shipped me a new rubber latch two years ago for free but it broke again last month, I'm going to try the bungee cord this time as all my passengers seem to have problems working the rubber latch,

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
added to the FAQ under "ladders", thanks for the links,

windline shipped me a new rubber latch two years ago for free but it broke again last month, I'm going to try the bungee cord this time as all my passengers seem to have problems working the rubber latch,
My original one was dry rotted but still worked, a passenger decided to pull the ladder down so she pulled and pulled until the strap broke:-/ she said "oh, I thought it felt like something was holding it". Um yeah, the rubber latch that you were watching stretch everytime you pulled.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I stopped by the boat this weekend and figured I might as well take a picture of my hillbilly fix for the ladder latch. I honestly like this better than my old latch because it is easier to grab, easier to see and feels like it holds the ladder tighter than the factory latch. I had to wrap it around the bar behind the ladder several times (as seen in the 1st picture) but all in all I am very happy with it. The ones that I have are HDX 12 inch canopy tarp ties. Home Depot has them listed as $5.47 for an 8 pack. I would probably suggest the 8 or 10 inch if they are available, but the HD near me just had the 12" size.

The one that I put on at the beginning of the season has held up so well that there is no way I could ever justify paying almost $20 for an OEM strap.

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg

4.jpg

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yamaha should adopt this fix as the new OEM.

Nightmare

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length