• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where is the best launch in Destin , FL?

Tiger J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Also, where can I store my boat trailer for a few days?
(Related: How many days should I leave my boat in the water there? I have a boat slip on Holiday Isle, but no lift.)

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Also, where can I store my boat trailer for a few days?
(Related: How many days should I leave my boat in the water there? I have a boat slip on Holiday Isle, but no lift.)
I can't answer any of your questions about Destin, FL but you can leave your boat in the water as long as you need. Just make sure your bilge pump is working, battery(ies) are fully charged, and spray down you pumps and engine with a rust preventive spray (something like Boeshield T-9). On the Bahamas trips, boats stay in the water for 7 or more days without issue.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The few times I have been I have launched at Fred Gannon Rocky Bayou State Park and boated acrosss the bay to crab island/Destin. Was never really busy. 9D469FC3-3E68-4B01-BD38-BE0B8049DA9A.png

Tiger J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the good info. If there are any other salt water dos or don'ts, feel free to share.

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! If your ever come to Panama City I can give you local info/tips.

BBottoms

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! If your ever come to Panama City I can give you local info/tips.
I had been looking at a possible Destin/Panama City trip this year. We'd likely stay in Destin but it looks like there are some good boating things to do in Panama City as well. Hows the inter-coastal route between Destin/Panama City and can it be traveled fairly quickly or is it full of no wake zones?

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have never made the trip by boat but I think you can do in in a couple of hours. Shell island is a popular boat hang out on the beach. Check out this thread I started last year. Page 2 has a chart of where most people anchor. A buddy of mine started a annual party two years ago called Wayne-Apalooza and last year it was packed.

Last edited:

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I went out of here on 4th of July and I got a spot...got busy in the afternoon tho.
only about 10 min boat ride to the crab island
upload_2018-2-1_13-36-32.png

nate kennedy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My family and I want to make the trip down this summer or next as well... as an inland lake boater my entire life what do I need to add to my boat for that trip? I wouldn’t plan on going too far off shore but curious what equipment I would want to add for this kind of trip?

Thanks!

cep022

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I've put in a Joe's Bayou Boat Ramp before but no storage for trailer other then during the day. It was not busy. I had a friend put in and store his trailer at Destin Marina.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Make sure you guys go eat at McGuire's Irish Pub that located right next to the bridge going into Destin from Fort Walton. It's been voted one of Florida's top 10 best restaurants for the longest time. Awesome place that we frequent several times EVERY year when we go to Destin. There's one in Pensacola too.
https://www.mcguiresirishpub.com/

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Make sure you guys go eat at McGuire's Irish Pub that located right next to the bridge going into Destin from Fort Walton. It's been voted one of Florida's top 10 best restaurants for the longest time. Awesome place that we frequent several times EVERY year when we go to Destin. There's one in Pensacola too.
https://www.mcguiresirishpub.com/
Best food and the burgers are great.

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My family and I want to make the trip down this summer or next as well... as an inland lake boater my entire life what do I need to add to my boat for that trip? I wouldn’t plan on going too far off shore but curious what equipment I would want to add for this kind of trip?

Thanks!
The intracoastal is very calm and most of the time the gulf is do-able. If you plan on leaving the boat in the water I would make sure you have a dedicated bilge pump, other than that you will always be in cell range for mapping and directions.

Intracoastal to PCB.jpg

Last edited:

Tiger J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just wanted to give an update.

Launched at Joe's Bayou Boat Ramp. It was easy, and it was in a neighborhood setting.

We tried the Destin Marina first, but it was closed. It is close to the harbor, but the road to get to the ramp is supa-sketch. (Some down and out folks will be starin' at your Jet Boat hard.)

When I come back for Memorial Week, I am using Joe's again.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just wanted to give an update.

Launched at Joe's Bayou Boat Ramp. It was easy, and it was in a neighborhood setting.

We tried the Destin Marina first, but it was closed. It is close to the harbor, but the road to get to the ramp is supa-sketch. (Some down and out folks will be starin' at your Jet Boat hard.)

When I come back for Memorial Week, I am using Joe's again.
Sorry I didn't catch this in time. But I would have recommended Joe's Bayou anyway. Destin Marina does look sketchy, haha, but we never have any problems there. The ramp @blacksapphirez mentioned was recently remodeled and is not a bad launch either, just not as close. But I'm a city resident and get to use Joe's Bayou for free, so that's where I launch.

If you're coming back for Memorial Weekend, you will want to launch your boat early. The boat ramp fills up mid morning and is a pain in the A$$ after that.