• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where is the TAS (Throttle Accelerator Sensor) on the 165?

Nick Nguyen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How do I (Is it even possible to) put it in the wide open throttle position without having to move the throttle lever? Thanks.

ALAN MANN SR.

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
In the helm under the black storage tray. You have to remove 6 screws to remove tray.

Nick Nguyen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks Alan. On my 2018 165, there are only 4 screws that I could see. They are located behind the instrument panel. When the time comes, I'll open it. Has anyone one here cranked the engine in DROWNED MODE yet?

To fog the engine, per the Rotax 4-TEC manual (April 2017 edition) that came with the boat, on page 37, they called for TAS to be moved to the WOT (wide open throttle) position before cranking the engine a few turns, then release the TAS. Is it a no-brainer to move TAS to WOT? I am sure the throttle lever must remain at the minimum position for the engine to crank

mferrari

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
Do you have cats on your boat? If so I would not suggest using fogging oil. We've seen oxygen sensors fowled due it.

Nick Nguyen

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
No pets. I'm not fogging my engine anytime soon. As a new boat owner, I'm trying to learn as much as possible about the boat so I can be ready when the time comes. Even in NH, I expect my boat to be offline no more than 5 months a year, not long enough to require fogging, because it is kept inside a fully enclosed boathouse with glass windows to maximize the green house effect, keeping it warmer than the outside for longer. Even on the water side, the roller door goes all the way to the bottom. It can be windy and stormy outside, and inside the boathouse can be as calm as the living room. If and when I have to fog the engine, I will remove the O2 sensor like others have recommended.