• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where to mount tag?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
092F0BCB-C0FF-44D1-8793-FCED377DD388.jpegI’m gonna turn this in tomorrow and buy a multi year tag and I’d like for this not to happen again. Any idea where I can mount This besides under the tail light?

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It needs to have the light on it turn the tail light upside down and mounted on top of the tail light
Maine trailer registration
5 year $90
It is $130 a year in New York

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I could careless about being lit. I’m a ex cop and bc of the salt water most boat trailers don’t even have tags and isn’t enforced. I only do it because it’s the right thing to do. That being said I only use my jet ski one time a year. It stays in my shed until my vacation.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What about here.sideways they can see it and should not get messed up.curve it on the fender.327DF68F-2829-4B5B-B583-7A74BC082BEE.jpeg

Emanuel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here in Washington state we have two options for the license plate for trailers. One is the regular size and the other is a smaller size like a motorcycle size. I didn’t know either until I bought my boat and actually they ask me which size plate do I want. Just check and see if your state has a smaller size.

Good luck.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 93745I’m gonna turn this in tomorrow and buy a multi year tag and I’d like for this not to happen again. Any idea where I can mount This besides under the tail light?
You could get a sheet of aluminum plate or stainless and mount it against that so it wont bend.

Btw i did lifetime tags on all my trailers from day one. It makes more sense as long as you keep for 3 years

waternutt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I used some SS hinges on my boat trailer in the normal location under the taillight. Plate hangs just a bit lower but swings back and forth.