• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where to store the pull out plug?

kindtampa

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Where do you store your pull out plug? Swim platform locker wont close with it out. Can I keep it in the hole unplugged?

Brent Gaidosh

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I store it in an open Tupperware container on the drivers seat of the boat, handle down and locked when it is in the slip. I'll never forget to put it back in that way.
When the boat is in storage it is cleaned well and kept in the same container with the lid on at home with the rest of the boat stuff. Unfortunately, that's where it is now..

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You can store it in the tube. Just make sure it is not seated and keep the dogs in the latched position.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You can store it in the tube. Just make sure it is not seated and keep the dogs in the latched position.
Yup this is what I do. No need to physically remove it from the boat.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I turn them sideways at the top of the tube such that the handle is facing the side of the boat instead of up. Hatch closes this way for me.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That's what I do, disengage it and just turn it so it sits on the rim.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I store mine sideways at the top of the tube. The lid will close in this position but I prefer to leave the lid up. It is impossible to forget to install them with the lid up.

Gonrcng

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Why are most storing in the locked position ?

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I store mine in the tube unlocked and slightly cocked and coated with Yamalube spray to keep it from seizing in it's spot. I forgot to lock it down this morning after ankle deep wet sea grass made for an interesting launch at the Bellaire boat ramps. I thought we were going to launch the F250 as well! I got the impression through reading that it would blow water into the swim platform locker. I put it in reverse to back away from the trailer and no go. Took me a bit to realize what was wrong. Jumped back there onto the swim platform and locked it down and all was well. Now I know. It cavitates if the plug is out letting the impeller suck air in through the tube. I like the Tupperware on the seat idea.

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have a thought on the clean out plugs. What if I removed the clean out plug and then put a little fan about the diameter of the clean out hole and let it draw air out of the boat under the cover? This way there is constant airflow under the cover.

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I store mine in the tube unlocked and slightly cocked and coated with Yamalube spray to keep it from seizing in it's spot. I forgot to lock it down this morning after ankle deep wet sea grass made for an interesting launch at the Bellaire boat ramps. I thought we were going to launch the F250 as well! I got the impression through reading that it would blow water into the swim platform locker. I put it in reverse to back away from the trailer and no go. Took me a bit to realize what was wrong. Jumped back there onto the swim platform and locked it down and all was well. Now I know. It cavitates if the plug is out letting the impeller suck air in through the tube. I like the Tupperware on the seat idea.
The opening is in front of propeller so no pressure from prop but if you are moving forward water is forced in by momentum